Salt-injected Beef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mineral salts? What kind of mineral salts? If heavy water weren't so expensive they'd probably feed it to the animals before slaughter to make them weigh more.

Brown rice has more selenium than white.

Unless it's grown in Oz, where it's probably got none due to almost none in what we call topsoil. They used to line rice paddies in Oz with power station fly ash. Helped seal the water in, and add trace minerals...banned now.

"Mineral salts" covers a lot of ground down here. I think it's generally unrefined sea salt, but is sometimes used for KNOH.

Checked today, there's salt, and the mineral salts are listed as 450, 451, and 452.

450 Sodium pyrophosphate
450 Sodium acid pyrophosphate
450 Potassium pyrophosphate

451 Sodium tripolyphosphate
451 Potassium tripolyphosphate

452 Sodium polyphosphates, glassy
452 Sodium metaphosphate, insoluble
452 Potassium polymetaphosphate

sounds yummy.

Used to eat soy products constantly. Soy burgers, soy chicken, soy cheese, soy milk, etc. Haven't eaten any in about 2 years.

Soy products contain trace amounts of chemicals that mimic estrogen, eating soy products daily is similar to taking a birth control pill. No thanks. 20 years ago soy was garbage, something that got fed to cows. Then when they figured out how to make it taste good, it now goes for $10/lb.

Give me my grass fed/free range/organic/hormone free meat any day. Not saying that soy is poison, just that I wouldn't eat it every day. Or every other. Once a year, maybe. That's about how often I consume it.

Local, local, local. Butcher shops that source local are awesome. Sorry to all the non-Midwesterners. This may be flyover country, but we can grow/raise all our food. I consider it a blessing.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Checked today, there's salt, and the mineral salts are listed as 450, 451, and 452.

450 Sodium pyrophosphate
450 Sodium acid pyrophosphate
450 Potassium pyrophosphate

451 Sodium tripolyphosphate
451 Potassium tripolyphosphate

452 Sodium polyphosphates, glassy
452 Sodium metaphosphate, insoluble
452 Potassium polymetaphosphate

sounds yummy.

When they talk about "mineral salts" in terms of what's contained in food, they usually refer to sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium chloride.

Originally Posted By: AcuraTech
Used to eat soy products constantly. Soy burgers, soy chicken, soy cheese, soy milk, etc. Haven't eaten any in about 2 years.

Soy products contain trace amounts of chemicals that mimic estrogen, eating soy products daily is similar to taking a birth control pill. No thanks. 20 years ago soy was garbage, something that got fed to cows. Then when they figured out how to make it taste good, it now goes for $10/lb.

Give me my grass fed/free range/organic/hormone free meat any day. Not saying that soy is poison, just that I wouldn't eat it every day. Or every other. Once a year, maybe. That's about how often I consume it.

Local, local, local. Butcher shops that source local are awesome. Sorry to all the non-Midwesterners. This may be flyover country, but we can grow/raise all our food. I consider it a blessing.

I am not a vegetarian, but IMO good tofu and soy milk always make my day. Maybe you haven't had the change to get some real good one yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back