Salt Deficiency: Cause Of Many Serious Diseases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: greenjp
Originally Posted By: Scoot_4_20
The article was probably meant for veteran health food nuts like me ...

A bunch of self-righteous nonsense and you couldn't be more wrong. Just because someone disagrees with or expresses skepticism towards these rather unusual posts of yours doesn't mean they're moronic daily Hardees eating unhealthy buffoons. Speaking only for myself, but presumably for many others, that is absolutely not the case.jeff

And I'm sure you meant both ways, right? Being the incredibly un biased person you are.

Probably sounds just like back when everyone fought about whether or not the world was flat.

And thank you JHRZ2 for pointing out that electrolytic imbalances are extremely critical. As always, what is healthy for one of us may kill another. So YMMV.

Last edited:
I used to be a no salt person . I now use it when i feel like it . Some days no salt other days I use it . My blood pressure has not changed and I do not crave it like I used to .

homepage-image.jpg

I now use RealSalt, which is one of the most well known unrefined sea salts. Some say we should avoid white salt, and some say unrefined salt is bad. Some say disease can be cured with unrefined salt, though I find it hard to believe.

A lady PhD that says white sea salt is what we should use, says we should add salt to our food to taste, which is what I now do, only with Real Salt. I add real salt to my drinking water [over 1 tsp per gallon], and I add it to my soup, which I make myself with only whole foods like meats and vegetables.

Real Salt has sand in it, that their website says is silica, and people actually eat the sand [I'm one of them], but mostly I let it settle to the bottom and then pour it away, unless I add Real Salt to meat or vegs, in which case I'd eat the sand [small mount of undissolved solids].

http://www.realsalt.com/

I didn't mean to rub any of you in the wrong way in this thread. It wasn't a very good post to post here. I'm not even sure how much I agree with it. I do like the idea of salt being a pro thyroid food, and I like to salt my food to taste, and it makes foods taste better.

A natural health program I was on once says we should NEVER salt anything. This can make whole foods very boring though, I've found.

I didn't mean to rub any of you in the wrong way in this thread. It wasn't a very good post to post here. I'm not even sure how much I agree with it. I do like the idea of salt being a pro thyroid food, and I like to salt my food to taste, and it makes foods taste better.

A natural health program I was on once says we should NEVER salt anything. This can make whole foods very boring though, I've found.

It's not the NaCl, it's the iodine that's ARTIFICIALLY added in table salt production that helps prevent thyroid conditions that arises from its deficiency.

homepage-image.jpg

Real Salt has sand in it, that their website says is silica, and people actually eat the sand [I'm one of them], but mostly I let it settle to the bottom and then pour it away, unless I add Real Salt to meat or vegs, in which case I'd eat the sand [small mount of undissolved solids].

Its called real salt but its not real salt? it has sand in it?
Thats really good marketing if people fall for it.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: greenjp
...A bunch of self-righteous nonsense and you couldn't be more wrong. Just because someone disagrees with or expresses skepticism towards these rather unusual posts of yours doesn't mean they're moronic daily Hardees eating unhealthy buffoons. Speaking only for myself, but presumably for many others, that is absolutely not the case.jeff

And I'm sure you meant both ways, right? Being the incredibly un biased person you are.

Probably sounds just like back when everyone fought about whether or not the world was flat.

And thank you JHRZ2 for pointing out that electrolytic imbalances are extremely critical. As always, what is healthy for one of us may kill another. So YMMV.

I'm not the one posting this stuff, just pointing out that some of it sounds a little ridiculous. Still waiting for someone to explain what the 80 extra elements in the himalayan sea salt are.

I haven't even discussed my own eating habits, aside from pointing out that my skepticism about the OP doesn't mean I eat Hardees every day. I certainly have biases but they're generally towards good reasoning and facts, whatever those point to.

jeff

To have sand in their product shows Real Salt has poor or extremely abbreviated production practices. I guess a settling tank is not part of their factory. Just shovel it into buckets, grind it up, and package it.

Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS
My extended family down south puts salt on watermelon...oy! Is watermelon a fruit?
yea, people put salt on apples that I have sen.

This may be why you so often find yourself in conflict with people here. Why would you dig your heels in and vehemently defend this article when you don't actually agree with it's assertions? You seem to have some chip on your shoulder about alternative health concepts in general and if anyone else expresses doubt they are some kind of unenlightened cretin. Not exactly the best way to influence the opinions of others.

I always thought it was the iodine in iodated table salt (NaCl) is what has benefits for the thyroid. It IS true that iodine deficiency can cause goitre and other problems. Sounds like somewhere the lines got crossed?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: kc8adu
with the amount of sodium in canned soups,ect its hard to believe we could ever have a deficiancy.

So if one's diet is free from fast food and all the sodium rich processed food which is making people sicker.

Given the solution stay away from the junk salted process food rather to knock the sea salt scam theory?

I use but Hawaiian salt given if salt is used in a recipe. Table salt to me is too strong, Hawaiian sea salt has a much better taste. My BP ranges from 117/79 - 133/80, don't eat fast food. My sea salt intake is high I will admit but hasn't had no effect on my BP. I take a pinch of Hawaiian sea salt under my tongue every night before going to bed.

Originally Posted By: Kestas
To have sand in their product shows Real Salt has poor or extremely abbreviated production practices. I guess a settling tank is not part of their factory. Just shovel it into buckets, grind it up, and package it.

Hey man, just keepin' it REAL!

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Salt or no salt. Meh. Just don't eat fruit; I read it's bad for you.

Hahaha, I got it. You funny man.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
homepage-image.jpg

Its called real salt but its not real salt? it has sand in it?
Thats really good marketing if people fall for it.

Wow, people must really not read labels.

He said SiO2. Silica, yes, sand. But Silica is used in all sorts of stuff. Go look at any spices in your spice rack, granulated garlic, etc., and chances are you will see that Silica is added to help allow the product to flow properly and as an anticaking agent. People use it to enhance taste (dont know how/why exactly), and taco bell even uses it somehow in their meat.

Is it right/the best? Maybe it doesnt matter at all or maybe it is important, I dont know. It may be highly irrelevant. It IS used in all kinds of products that we all touch.

Ever wonder why people put grains of rice in their salt shaker? Same reason they might put/leave SiO2 in their salt.

Originally Posted By: Kestas
Here is a timely article from BBC Health News debunking the health claims of gourmet salts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-15757517

"They say all contain almost 100% sodium chloride and are equally damaging to health in large quantities."

Yea..what a surprise..NaCl in Table Sallt is still NaCl in Seasalt
whistle.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back