Salt Deficiency: Cause Of Many Serious Diseases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salt Deficiency: The Cause Of Many Serious Diseases

An eight-year study of a New York City hypertensive population stratified for sodium intake levels found those on low-salt diets had more than four times as many heart attacks as those on normal-sodium diets – the exact opposite of what the “salt hypothesis” would have predicted. (1995). Dr. Jeffrey R. Cutler documented no health outcomes benefits of lower-sodium diets. Both sea salt and rock salt were well known to the ancient Greeks who noted that eating salty food affected basic body functions such as digestion and excretion (urine and stools). This led to salt being used medically. The healing methods of Hippocrates (460 BC) especially made frequent use of salt. Hippocrates mentions inhalation of steam from salt-water. We know today that the anti inflammatory effects of inhaled salt provide relief from respiratory symptoms (c). Thus, 2000 years ago, Greek medicine had already discovered topical use of salt for skin lesions, drinking salty or mineralized waters for digestive troubles and inhaling salt for respiratory diseases!

When organic, unrefined salt is lacking in your diet, weakness and sickness follow

Refined Salt: White Poison - The problem with salt is not the salt itself but the condition of the salt we eat! Our regular table salt no longer has anything in common with the original crystal salt. Salt now a day is mainly sodium chloride and not salt. With the advent of industrial development, our natural salt was "chemically cleaned" and reduced only to sodium and chloride. Major producing companies dry their salt in huge kilns with temperatures reaching 1200 degrees F, changing he salt's chemical structure, which in turn adversely affects the human body. The common table salt we use for cooking has only 2 or 3 chemical elements. The seawater has 84 chemical elements. For our body to be healthy we need all those elements. When we use the common salt, we are in deficit of 81 elements which means we are somehow contributing to becoming weaker, imbalanced and more susceptible to diseases. Use the seawater salt.

Profound Life-Giving Therapeutic Himalayan Crystal Salt

Himalayan Crystal Salt is one of the most profound re-discoveries of our time. For centuries, the energy/information content, in the form of vital mineral elements locked away within these perfectly formed crystals of mineral rich salt, were utilized by doctors for treating most every disorder known to humans, and with unfailing success. Recently. this ancient knowledge was once again uncovered by biophysicists and brought to light in the acclaimed book, Water and Salt, The Essence of Life , by Dr. Barbara Hendel and biophysicist Peter Ferreira.

Salt is a vital substance for the survival of all living creatures, particularly humans. Water and salt regulate the water content of the body. Water itself regulates the water content of the interior of the cell by working its way into all of the cells it reaches. It has to get there to cleanse and extract the toxic wastes of cell metabolisms. Salt forces some water to stay outside the cells. It balances the amount of water that stays outside the cells. There are two oceans of water in the body; one ocean is held inside the cells of the body, and the other ocean is held outside the cells. Good health depends on a most delicate balance between the volume of these oceans, and this balance is achieved by salt - unrefined salt.

When water is available to get inside the cells freely, it is filtered from the outside salty ocean and injected into the cells that are being overworked despite their water shortage. This is the reason why in severe dehydration we develop an edema and retain water. The design of our bodies is such that the extent of the ocean of water outside the cells is expanded to have the extra water available for filtration and emergency injection into vital cells. The brain commands an increase in salt and water retention by the kidneys. This is how we get an edema when we don't drink enough water.

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/salt.htm

Body can't really tell the difference. It sounds like marketing hype to the inth degree. Just a way to make more money.

Just like using shark cartilage was the greatest thing since sliced bread, and coral calcium the only way to go. I am sure it wouldn't be bad for you but, in the long run, it is a total waste of money.

BTW. HBP and edema can both be caused by too much fluid intake with poor circulation and impaired venous return.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NateDN10
I would like to know what those 81 other essential elements are.

It'd have to be just about everything on the periodic table eh?
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: greenjp

It'd have to be just about everything on the periodic table eh?
grin.gif

crackmeup2.gif

Magnesium
Lithium
Manganese
Copper
Zinc
Iron
Calcium
Chloride
Etc.
Etc.

That's why real salt rocks and white salt is not good.

I HIGHLY doubt a typical American (or anyone else in the developed world eating a developed world diet) would have a sodium deficiency today.

Can't dispute the necessity of those other elements; not sure that justifies getting them from sea salt, but it is probably better than not getting them at all.

I take a hit on a helium balloon every morning. I have my USRDA of helium before I leave the house.

There are 118 or so elements on the periodic table. Sodium and Chlorine take it down to 116. 6 are nobel gases, down to 110. I think 24 are not naturally occuring here on Earth so we're down to 86. I'm going to go out on a limb and say the other radioactive actinides aren't too desirable, so that's another 6 off the top. Down to 80. Hmm, that's less than the 81 cited in the OP and we haven't even discussed the questionable desirability of elements such as Cesium and Arsenic. Gonna need some additional clarification on this.

jeff

Not to offend, but judging from the past "health" topics that the OP has started and this one that he needs to find a better source for his reading.

Originally Posted By: Scoot_4_20

Magnesium
Lithium
Manganese
Copper
Zinc
Iron
Calcium
Chloride
Etc.
Etc.

That's why real salt rocks and white salt is not good.

First of all, salt is a chemical term to describe compounds formed by two ionic atoms/molecules. So technically, any cation (+) and anion (-) put together can be a salt.

Rock salt is composed of sodium (Na+) and chloride (Cl-). Table salt is made up of the same thing. One essential element missing from rock salt that is usually added to table salt is iodine, which prevents goiter.

And all those elements you listed are needed in very small amounts and can usually be obtained from your diet.

Problem with much of the developed world is not a lack of salt but that much of our food is loaded with it!

To my knowledge all salt is derived from deposits left behind from the seas/oceans including the Himalayan stuff.

I too was looking at the periodic table (right next to me) when reading this post. After you take away the noble gases, H, C, O, Na and Cl, this already puts you well into the radioactive elements. And this is even before considering Pb, Hg, As, and Cd (I get plenty of those at work).

I think the author is a little fast and loose with the facts. I couldn't find who wrote it or their credentials. They can get away with their claims because few people, except ourselves, actually do the math and question the veracity of their claims.

Though I believe there may be some truth to article, I wouldn't read too deep into it.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
I HIGHLY doubt a typical American (or anyone else in the developed world eating a developed world diet) would have a sodium deficiency today.

You'd be surprised how many people think salt is bad and avoid it like the plague.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear

You'd be surprised how many people think salt is bad and avoid it like the plague.

Because in the amounts that people intake these days, it is bad. Not that many people read nutrition labels from my experience.
FDA

Salt Deficiency: The Cause Of Many Serious Diseases
The common table salt we use for cooking has only 2 or 3 chemical elements. The seawater has 84 chemical elements.

Like Barium-133, Cadmium-109, Cobalt-57, Cobalt 60, Sodium-22, Strontium-90, Thallium-204, Carbon-14, Polonium-210?? [These are radioactive if you didn't notice]. Statistically you could find a couple atoms of every element in a pack of Twinkies.

This whole post is ridiculous. And eliminating Sodium from my diet drops my BP by 10 to 15. And we know the problems with High BP There are any number of medical opinions that sodium should be reduced. One study from some quack proves nothing.

And sodium chloride is NaCl period it doesn't exist in any other state as an ionic bond.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
Not to offend, but judging from the past "health" topics that the OP has started and this one that he needs to find a better source for his reading.

Just because some of you don't agree, does NOT mean everyone will not agree. Speak for yourselves.

I read from many sources, not just one. She has a LOT of good info on her site, and if you're not familiar with it, you may be missing out. I just posted it to see how y'all take it. It seemed to rattle your cage when I recently began posting pro omnivore articles instead of pro vegetarian articles.

Originally Posted By: Al
And we know the problems with High BP There are any number of medical opinions that sodium should be reduced.

Yes but real sea salt is unlike table [white] salt because it's balanced with dozens of good minerals. The trouble is with most Americans is that they eat way too much white salt in processed foods, and don't get enough K, Mg, and other minerals to balance it and their BP, or they pop a few mineral / vitamin pills and expect that to balance them instead, when all it does is probably create new imbalances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back