Ryobi impact wrench - dielectric grease?

I'm not complaining but wanted to check if others had this on their Ryobi cordless power tools. I just bought a new P262 Ryobi Impact wrench (600ft/lbs 1/2" drive), looks great. Yes I did pop in a battery, works fine.. but.. I looked down the hole to the electrical connectors on the tool itself where the battery connects and saw clear grease, then realized it's dielectric grease over the connectors! I haven't seen that much on other tools so wondered if others are seeing this too.. Thought it was odd..

Never looked . I can't imagine that it would be something to be concerned about .

oh I'm not overly concerned it was the first time I've seen Ryobi do that.. wanted to see if anyone else had noticed that..

I usually apply dielectric to all electrical contacts when I disassemble/reassemble them, but I haven't noticed dielectric on any of my Ryobi tools. I can't imagine it would be a problem unless it attracts dirt.

I also have a new P262.... it does have grease.
Made in Vietnam.

My new 1/2" Hammer drill did not come with grease.
Made in China.

I also have a new P262.... it does have grease.
Made in Vietnam.

My new 1/2" Hammer drill did not come with grease.
Made in China.
Thanks for checking! So now I know it's a new thing they're doing..

My Makita cordless saw from Home Depot came with grease on the terminals.

if you like more info:
Greasing battery terminals
I guess I didn't search deep enough, thanks for your other thread! Learn something everyday! I already knew about dieletric grease but never knew Ryobi was going to use it.. I wasn't really worried about it, just wanted to see if others had the same thing.. cool.. all good now.

Back