Royal Purple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooohhhh, that opens so many cans of worms.

The "buy useless carp" channels on the idjit box would be able to be compressed into an hour per day if they got rid of testimonials.

Link to Article

Quote:
Royal Purple Ltd. was black and blue after BP Lubricants USA took it to task over advertising claims for its synthetic motor oil, finding a receptive audience in the advertising industry’s self-regulatory forum.

RP has been riding the wave of the uninformed consumer for a long time. Marketing and no delivery will eventually catch up to you.
Good for BP! About time they got called out for their ridiculous claims. Royal Purple is overpriced garbage IMHO as I have had terrible UOA's with that stuff. Sheared all to heck.

35.gif
36.gif

Good, it's about time. They can't compete with the big boys who have all the $$ for rigorous R&D and engine sequence testing. So they end up resorting to claims that are never fully substantiated. Royal Purple is among the worst.

This is why I've always like Mobil 1's approach to marketing. Let the product, OEM specifications, endorsements and racing teams speak. You either meet a specification or you don't. It's that simple. You have to pay to play. Everything else is just marketing.

SWRI do the testing and as expected, RP showed no gains.

Quote:
According to SwRI, “there was no statistically significant difference between the fuel economy, emissions data or engine temperature between the two candidate oils,” NAD said.

You could surely edit them a great deal

More power!
Reduced wear!
Increased fuel economy!
Reduced emissions!

Heck, a Z-Max commercial would be reduced to the zoom-zoom background sounds.

Is this the same outfit(NAD) where Mobil took Castrol to task over their "synthetic" nomenclature after their Syntec base oil switch years ago?

It's about time someone trims back some of these outlandish claims. A little truth in advertising is always good. I guess RP was possibly starting to take a nice little chunk of their market share perhaps.

I've always hated how they tried to fool people into thinking their oil made more horsepower than others. It's simply not possible.

This could be a good opportunity for them, provided they can prove their oil does what they claim.

If it doesn't, or they don't even bother to try to prove it, it will be a disaster.

I've been interested in trying the stuff...for now I'll wait.

According to SWRI, their oils do not live up to some of the claims. Not surprising.

That oil is so overly priced it's a joke,and the people think it's god in a bottle on these web sites...lol

RP is probably a fine motor oil, but they have gone a bit too far in many of their claims. I don't think it's a bad oil.

Originally Posted By: Patman
I've always hated how they tried to fool people into thinking their oil made more horsepower than others. It's simply not possible.

I would disagree. It is possible for oil to increase HP.

Originally Posted By: buster
RP is probably a fine motor oil, but they have gone a bit too far in many of their claims. I don't think it's a bad oil.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back