Royal Purple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Was to the OP of that quote and anyone who thinks RP needs to or will respond in some public manner to this. General comments on my part and nothing meant hostile.

Didn't take it as hostile at all!

Originally Posted By: sprintman
I'll be steering well clear of an oil company that can't even post HTHS specs.

I 2nd that statement.

“The challenger’s [BP’s] expert determined a 0.9 percent difference in power between the oils, which did not rise to the level of statistical significance"

.9% is a significant difference to some. That's 2.7 HP in your 300 HP truck. That's probably more than that K&N drop-in will add. I think I'll switch to RP next OCI:)

Originally Posted By: kkreit01
.9% is a significant difference to some. That's 2.7 HP in your 300 HP truck. That's probably more than that K&N drop-in will add. I think I'll switch to RP next OCI:)

That's not what statistical significance means.

Statistical significance basically means the result isn't a fluke. If it's not statistically significant, you have no idea if it's real. You might re-run the exact same test on the exact same stuff and things might come out differently.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Originally Posted By: kkreit01

That's not what statistical significance means.

Statistical significance basically means the result isn't a fluke. If it's not statistically significant, you have no idea if it's real. You might re-run the exact same test on the exact same stuff and things might come out differently.

Very true.

This thread is unbelievable. I have raced on Royal Purple since 1994 which is long before most people have even heard about it.

Lets call a duck a duck. This is the ultimate compliment to Royal Purple. The fact that Royal Purple is a burr under Castrol's saddle is nothing but a compliment. If they were no threat, Castrol would not care.

I could care less about test xyz hths etc. Reason being? all the tests are there for is to try and predict what will happen in the equipment. Well I can tell you what happens in the equipment. The stuff simply works. When you can race full seasons on engines using royal purple that need a freshen up on castrol (which is what I used previously) it does not take much of a sales job to see what to use. What I see with my own eyes is plenty. Most of the nay sayers on this thread wouldn't have a clue let alone the experience to judge for themselves.

I can also say that when things go wrong... you will see some pretty unbelievable things that the film strength of the oil brings to the table. I have finished races with solid roller lifters that have turned sideways (the bar broke) Only when I ran the valves did I find the problem. The lifter was polished over the gouges and the cam was salvageable.

The oil works and handles alcohol better than anything I have ever seen. I have a lot of friends in many forms of motorsports (IRL, NHRA, Nascar, WoO, USAC) who all see the same things I have.

The funny thing is that one of the officials at my track worked at a BP facility that used almost all Royal Purple in their rotating equipment. He did vibration analysis at the plant and had documented thousands of dollars of savings at his plant.

The people who truly know or truly have their own hands on the equipment or engines already know the truth.

Thanks for the compliment Castrol,

For the nay sayers I would recommend returning any Royal Purple you own because you clearly are not smart enough to use it.

Originally Posted By: illinois_racer
This thread is unbelievable. I have raced on Royal Purple since 1994 which is long before most people have even heard about it.

Lets call a duck a duck. This is the ultimate compliment to Royal Purple. The fact that Royal Purple is a burr under Castrol's saddle is nothing but a compliment. If they were no threat, Castrol would not care.

I could care less about test xyz hths etc. Reason being? all the tests are there for is to try and predict what will happen in the equipment. Well I can tell you what happens in the equipment. The stuff simply works. When you can race full seasons on engines using royal purple that need a freshen up on castrol (which is what I used previously) it does not take much of a sales job to see what to use. What I see with my own eyes is plenty. Most of the nay sayers on this thread wouldn't have a clue let alone the experience to judge for themselves.

I can also say that when things go wrong... you will see some pretty unbelievable things that the film strength of the oil brings to the table. I have finished races with solid roller lifters that have turned sideways (the bar broke) Only when I ran the valves did I find the problem. The lifter was polished over the gouges and the cam was salvageable.

The oil works and handles alcohol better than anything I have ever seen. I have a lot of friends in many forms of motorsports (IRL, NHRA, Nascar, WoO, USAC) who all see the same things I have.

The funny thing is that one of the officials at my track worked at a BP facility that used almost all Royal Purple in their rotating equipment. He did vibration analysis at the plant and had documented thousands of dollars of savings at his plant.

The people who truly know or truly have their own hands on the equipment or engines already know the truth.

Thanks for the compliment Castrol,

For the nay sayers I would recommend returning any Royal Purple you own because you clearly are not smart enough to use it.

Just for the record this is not me under a different user name.
LOL.gif

Holy smokes! RP for the win!

Originally Posted By: illinois_racer
I have finished races with solid roller lifters that have turned sideways (the bar broke) Only when I ran the valves did I find the problem. The lifter was polished over the gouges and the cam was salvageable.

Originally Posted By: sprintman
I'll be steering well clear of an oil company that can't even post HTHS specs.
Just email them and they give the HTHS. I have asked them for their 15w40 HTHS and they told me no problem. For some odd reason they don't post it. But they post their 10w40 HTHS.

Last edited by a moderator:
I follow along with what SwRI in San Antonio does in their research because they use a similar engine in their tests as what is in my 2000 Nissan Frontier 2.4L 4 cylinder motor. To me, and this is only my opinion, it is one tough motor, weak related to get up and go, but it does haul things around and gets me from place to place easily, with some goosing...quack,quack....lol
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back