Rotella T6 Shortage?

Am I the only one having a hard time finding Rotella T6 5w40?? I had to buy it from, of all places, Home Depot (and I bought the last two jugs) because literally nobody has it around me, in the SE Michigan area. I even tried to order it online at Walmart, and it said it was unavailable in store or to ship :eek:

Of course, T4 is readily available at some places I've visited (Menards for example). But every other store is empty shelved of any flavor Rotella.

Last edited:
Rotella shortages have been noted for the past several months. I managed to sell off several jugs of 15W40 T4 to someone for $15/jug recently, I bought it on clearance at Meijer Gas Stations two years ago and would've never intended to sell it and never thought that I'd be able to sell it to someone anywhere near retail.

Have it available in my wm but that sucks to hear. I doubt another oil like t4 would be a bad substitute at least for a while.

I had a very difficult time finding any T6 15w40 too. I just happened to walk by the shelf space in Wmart and saw 2 gal pushed back against the wall. The entire section was empty 2 days before so I guess they found some in the back or they were returned.
Either way I picked them both up and checked the caps, still sealed so I brought them home. I had not seen any for 2 or 3 mos before and have not seen any since.

T6 has been hard to find, and if you do find it, it's $$. I've just been using Rotella T4 15w40 and Valvoline PB 15w40.

WM.com has T6 5w40 right now.

They had T5 10w30 over the weekend. Had…. 🤷‍♂️
My favorite part is when WalMart has the oil (say 1 gal of Rotella) listed as out of stock for a somewhat normal price, and right next to that is a listing for the same exact oil but $10 more per gallon.

fetchimage

My favorite part is when WalMart has the oil (say 1 gal of Rotella) listed as out of stock for a somewhat normal price, and right next to that is a listing for the same exact oil but $10 more per gallon.

fetchimage
That could have been sold by someone else? I’ve never seen that.

We have to custom order it for farmers in the area I’m in. Takes a while to come in; and they end up ‘negotiating’ among them selves to sometime split up orders.

Back