Roo bars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pedestrian impacts.

But hey, I say if they think that it's such a bad thing, make them stay off the sidewalks and out of my way...

Har, har, har!

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/talks/lm/stories/s685727.htm

Cyclists are also more likely to suffer worse impact injuries to head, torso, and limbs from a cow catcher. A bull bar may also result in the person getting pulled under the car rather than landing on the relatively soft hood.

I am not sure which brand, maybe BMW or Audi, but some new sedan actually pops the hood an inch or so during a frontal collision. That is supposed to reduce the impact forces on a person landing on the hood.

Shrouded wipers that are hidden under the hood are also due to safety concerns.

How's it feel to get an Emily into the groin when getting clocked by his lordship with the Phantom?

Originally Posted By: rshunter
Pedestrian impacts.

But hey, I say if they think that it's such a bad thing, make them stay off the sidewalks and out of my way...

Har, har, har!
Very well put. When the left-coasters roll into Las Vegas on Fri. one does stay off of the sidewalks.

Originally Posted By: Volvo_ST1
I am not sure which brand, maybe BMW or Audi, but some new sedan actually pops the hood an inch or so during a frontal collision. That is supposed to reduce the impact forces on a person landing on the hood.

Shrouded wipers that are hidden under the hood are also due to safety concerns.

How's it feel to get an Emily into the groin when getting clocked by his lordship with the Phantom?

I think it's an EU regulation to make sure that the pedestrians do not suffer head injuries. Research has shown that when they are hit, they hit the hood and and the engine thus suffering head trauma.

Over here bull bars as we call them can't compromise the frontal impact system - so they can't be welded on,and have to be bolted to the deforming part of the chassis.Kinda makes them pointless,but we still get them coming in with bent bull bars and no chassis damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back