RL D6 vs T-WS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
According to this, the transaction took place in 6/2014. I bet the people working for Redline feel like ping-pong balls.

http://investor.phillips66.com/investors...er/default.aspx

I thought that companies were supposed to consult BITOG before any transactions.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
...I thought that companies were supposed to consult BITOG before any transactions.
grin2.gif

They probably did.

Originally Posted By: MaximaGuy
Check out the Odyessy.net forums and there is one poster who used D6 (in place of DW) and lost 5MPG.

The poster eventually went back to DW for his Odyessy, I would refrain from D6 if you have a Honda transmission.

BTW, my vehiche is relatively new with only 50K on the odometer, I doubt pressures are playing a role here.

I do get 23-24MPG on steptronic (S mode), I believe the torque lock up could be lazy in full-auto.

5mpg?? That seems impossible. Likely other factors going on.

Update after 2 months on RL D6...

I am loosing 2MPG with D6 but the shifts are just fine and temperature is within limits. Driving conditions is the same.
There is an occassional shudder which D6 which wasn't there on with WS.

Are you sure that you have the fluid level set correctly?

If you have too much fluid in the unit, I can see mpg being affected.

Boss302fan said:
On the next drain and fill, Maxlife or D6 will go into my 2006 Lexus LS430. [/quote

I doubt you can use D6, your Lexus may be spaced for T-IV, which would be D4 RL ATF or Maxlife.

My tranny uses WS and I thought D6 and Maxlife are fine for my 2006 LS430... I believe the viscosity is very close on these ATF's.

I've run D6 in a DW-1-spec'd tranny. No mpg difference in either direction large enough to pull out of noise/scatter.

Originally Posted By: bulwnkl
IMHO the Redllne D6 is a step above WS n terms of longevity and stability.

I will keep that in mind when service comes due on our Toyota!
Do you feel the same way about D6 vs. Honda DW-1?

I do.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind when it's time to service the Ridgeline again. :)

Check out the Odyessy.net forums and there is one poster who used D6 (in place of DW) and lost 5MPG.

The poster eventually went back to DW for his Odyessy, I would refrain from D6 if you have a Honda transmission.

BTW, my vehiche is relatively new with only 50K on the odometer, I doubt pressures are playing a role here.

I do get 23-24MPG on steptronic (S mode), I believe the torque lock up could be lazy in full-auto.

I believe he used D4, not D6, and had a substantial mpg drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back