RISLONE High MIleage Engine Treatment ??

Noticed on an earlier thread an individual used Motor Medic Motor Flush on his Cadillac and wanted to get feedback on RISLONE that I started the thread on. Even though I use good synthetic oil in my Ram in signature -- I would not mind adding this to the Crankcase for the last 1000 miles of my oci. Says on the bottle -- RISLONE High Mileage Formula Engine Treatment -- Conditioner & Cleaner.
1) Cleans, Restores & Protects
2) Quiets Noisy Lifters & Valves
3) Reduces Friction & Wear

Dale
Ps. Hopefully everybody has a safe/happy Memorial Day weekend.

Rislone products get respect from some people here. The typical response is going to be, what problem are you trying to resolve? How many miles are on the vehicle, the OCI, is there sludge/varnish that needs to be cleaned, are lifters making noise, oil consumption issues, etc? If you are unsure of any of the answers, or you aren't the original owner of the vehicle, and have 50K or more miles I see no harm in doing a little "possible" cleaning as PM. OTOH, knowing the history of the vehicle [well maintained], I see no need unless there's a problem. Opinions will vary.

*Go ahead and use Rislone High Mileage additive to your oil per the instructions - I use it on two high mileage vehicles adding a whole bottle to fresh oil and run for your normal OCI (mine is 4K to 6K mile OCI) . I use it with every 3rd or 4th OCI because I believe it helps provide a bit more residual cleaning of ring packs along with additional cleaning and quieting of lifters . Lastly , while not a sole reason to use - this stuff has an amazing great smell (must be the esters used) !

There is also a Rislone "Compression Repair with Ring Seal" that you can consider. I had very good results with the "Restore" product, which is a twin of this Rislone.

I think you used Rislone engine treatment I used maybe 1/3 of 32oz and I can see the difference in my engine sound

Originally Posted by Micahmcmeen
There are better products than Rislone but it isn't bad. I would use restore over rislone personally.

Restore is for a dying engine, not cleaning...

I used it earlier this year after a recommendation on this forum to quiet a lifter on an old car. It did work.

Rislone has never failed me. There were times I wanted more from the product. But then I would slap myself upside-the-head and come to my senses that any oil or supplement is only a temporary aid and generally not ever a permanent cure.

I haven't needed a bottle since the mid-90s, but both of my daughter's did when attending college from home. That when I would sometimes hear them ask to fix their rides.

Another brand I liked back then was CD2 Stop Leak. I think that's the name anyways. It would cut Olds Alero and Dodge Shadow consumption in half.

Add Rislone at the beginning of an oil change and leave in for the entire OCI - it will be fine .

There is also a Rislone "Compression Repair with Ring Seal" that you can consider. I had very good results with the "Restore" product, which is a twin of this Rislone.
You mean this? Got 4 bottles of it at Wal Mart for $1/each 😎😎

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 38
I have used Rislone to take care of a loud ticking lifter that cropped up in my F-150. Sounded terrible and it cleaned up up purrrfectly in about 500 miles.
I guess no harm done using it in a good clean engine.

Back