Risk of Clogging Oil Pump Screen w/Auto-Rx

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently purchased a 2001 Saab 9-3 with approximately 110K miles. The car has complete service records, including oil changes, but I was considering an Auto-Rx treatment just to clean out any gunk in the engine. My concern, however, is that this will loosen some big piece of stuff that is going to clog the screen on the oil pump and then I am going to have real problems. Is this something that I should be worried about? If not, why?

LOL!

Plse read on RE: AutoRx and you'll soon understand why this is favoured over some rather "drastic" action such as 10-min flush...

Highly doubt it.

I have an 04 9-3... love it. was the 01 one of the sludge-prone models?

Auto-rx gently cleans sludge, junk, and dirt in the engine, and safely encapsulates the junk so it can get caught in the filter. Though I wouldnt doubt that if your engine is really dirty and ARX is cleaning, that it might clog your filter (causing it to go into bypass mode), from everything Ie seen on here, there is no way that the junk could get caught in a pickup screen. The 'particle' size is quite small.

JMH

if anything- from what I have read- it would probably clean the screen moreso than cause a buildup problem on it.

The chances are somewhere between slimb and none. ARX is a very slow acting cleaner. There is no chunking off of large particles. This is the beauty of ARX.

As other people have said, the advantage of ARX is that it would appear to have been specifically designed to minimize the risk you are talking about as compared to other products such as flushes.

I don't remember seeing any complaints on this website about such an occurrence.

From what I can tell from researching it on this web-site, ARX is an excellent product.

Take a gander at the recently released testing at
cycle-rx.com under suzuki tests.

That bike used auto/cycle-rx successfully cleaning the trans/clutch area with NO increased wear and those hard particles have the potential to be much more damaging than the pickup screen concerns you may have in a engine only sump.

Terry

I have 3 Saabs now and all of them are on a "Auto-RX" program. My personal one s a 96 Aero and although I had a hard time believing it, the milage went from 32-34 strickly highway to 34-36 highway. The other 2 cars and a 00 9-5 and a 01 9-5. It is a well accepted product. I have been using "Rotella T Synthetic" as a flush oil as recommended by several as it is not a "true" synthetic and works well in a turbo engine.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back