RIP Tony Dow

Well I am glad he is still alive. Sorry for posting otherwise. It was on MSN and from his wife and management so I believed it was legit. I hope he gets well very soon.

Quick math in my head: He was born in 1944 so starting LitB in 1957 made him 13. He seemed older to me.
He'd a been 19 in 1963 when the show ended.

There was an episode where the good boy characters chained the frame of a smarty-pants' 'ladies' man wannabe's car solidly and by faking a girl's invitation , caused the lad's haste to rip the frame out from under the car.

Said to be a popular rerun in Canada.

The actor that played Eddie Haskell would come into a customer of mine, an auto parts store in Sunland California in the early 2000's. You could definitely tell it was him but obviously older. He was just a regular guy with greasy hands fixing cars. Got his parts and left.

Quick math in my head: He was born in 1944 so starting LitB in 1957 made him 13. He seemed older to me.
He'd a been 19 in 1963 when the show ended.

There was an episode where the good boy characters chained the frame of a smarty-pants' 'ladies' man wannabe's car solidly and by faking a girl's invitation , caused the lad's haste to rip the frame out from under the car.

Said to be a popular rerun in Canada.

That would be Lumpy, that was Fred Rutherford's son. it might have been Ken Osmond aka Eddie Haskel who called Lumpy aka Clarence Rutherford and pretended to be a girl. You know how Fred Rutherford knew it may have been Wally, the chain had the name Ward Cleaver on it.

Last edited:
I have read that Tony Dow and Jerry Mathers have remained lifelong friends and they both we close to Barbara Billingsley until her death a few years ago and to Hugh Beaumont until he died in 1982. Tony is an accomplished director as well as sculptor and I heve never read any negative comments about him. I wish him god's speed.

The show was a Classic, I remember 1 where Wally and the Beaver wanted to get back at Lumpy and they put Barrel Hoops layed down on the driveway. They yelled Hey Lumpy Dumpy and Fred Rutherford came out on the driveway and his shins took a beating. Later Fred Rutherford told Ward Cleaver, we have Houlagins in the Neighborhood.

The show was a Classic, I remember 1 where Wally and the Beaver wanted to get back at Lumpy and they put Barrel Hoops layed down on the driveway. They yelled Hey Lumpy Dumpy and Fred Rutherford came out on the driveway and his shins took a beating. Later Fred Rutherford told Ward Cleaver, we have Houlagins in the Neighborhood.
Omg that was a GOOD one!🤣

Omg that was a GOOD one!🤣
The Teapot 1 was another good 1 where Whitey and the Beaver betted that there was no water in the teapot, and the Beaver got stuck in the teapot and could not get out. The Fire department was called and Ward, Wally, and Eddie Haskel showed up. Eddie said something sarcastic and then looked at Ward and became nice. Whitey then said something like hey Beaver you were right, there was no water in there.

Where it gets better is when the Beaver comes down a little kid comes up to him and says, can I have your autograph, and the Beaver says, Dont be a wise guy!

The Teapot 1 was another good 1 where Whitey and the Beaver betted that there was no water in the teapot, and the Beaver got stuck in the teapot and could not get out. The Fire department was called and Ward, Wally, and Eddie Haskel showed up. Eddie said something sarcastic and then looked at Ward and became nice. Whitey then said something like hey Beaver you were right, there was no water in there.

Where it gets better is when the Beaver comes down a little kid comes up to him and says, can I have your autograph, and the Beaver says, Dont be a wise guy!
Haha that was one of my favorite ones! It’s so funny,because growing up we all had those same types of friends!

The Brussels sprouts episode was a good one too!

I like how they always called getting yelled at by an adult “Getting the business”🤣

Haha “a wise guy”!! 🤣

The actor that played Eddie Haskell would come into a customer of mine, an auto parts store in Sunland California in the early 2000's. You could definitely tell it was him but obviously older. He was just a regular guy with greasy hands fixing cars. Got his parts and left.
I believe it. Ken Osmond, AKA Eddie Haskell was also LA cop from 1970 - 1988.

Tony Dow, was also a car guy. https://bestride.com/news/entertainment/beaver-tony-dow-corvair

Did Hugh Beaumont, aka Ward Cleaver drive a Chrysler in the series, kind of looked like there was a spare tire on the trunk, guessing this was 1958 or 1959. Then in the series last year, guessing 1962 into 1963 you see in the opening credits everyone going out to the car and the Beaver is running out to hop in the car. This looked like a smaller Chrysler product, maybe a Dodge Coronet?

Well, I will edit my post, guess I was wrong, Plymouth Fury and in 1957 Ford Fairlane.

Back