RIP Ed King

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was a guitarist in Lynyrd Skynyrd, he was in the band from 1972 to 1975, and wrote/recorded on the first three Skynyrd albums. It is his voice you hear counting "One, Two, Three" at the beginning of Sweet Home Alabama. He was a good guitar player but could not stand the rough lifestyle of the band and quit in 1975, long before the plane crash.

I listened to a lot of Skynyrd as a kid growing up in Georgia and still listen to them today. Skynyrd, The Outlaws, Blackfoot, Molly Hatchet, the Allman Brothers and Atlanta Rhythm Section all remind me so much of my early teenage years and introduction to rock and roll in the 70's. RIP Ed. Lots of fans will miss you.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/lyn...ocid=spartandhp

Sorry to hear about the death of Ed King. I've always liked all the bands mentioned and saw all of them in concert except Blackfoot. RIP ED.

Wow, I just watched that Lynyrd Skynyrd documentary last night! Such a shame. He seemed really down to earth. Talented guy.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Wow, I just watched that Lynyrd Skynyrd documentary last night! Such a shame. He seemed really down to earth. Talented guy.

What documentary?

I just seen Lynryd Skynyrd a couple weeks ago and was watching some vids/interviews prior to the concert and after.

I know he hasn't been with them in a while nor was he, obviously, at the concert I seen a couple weeks ago but when I hear of him I always think of Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Originally Posted By: irv

I just seen Lynryd Skynyrd a couple weeks ago and was watching some vids/interviews prior to the concert and after.

It's kinda the same as watching a cover band.....

Originally Posted By: clinebarger
Originally Posted By: irv

It's kinda the same as watching a cover band.....

I disagree. The guys all played great and with Gary Rossington still playing and Ronnie's younger brother singing, it is certainly more than just watching a bunch of wannabes up there.

Originally Posted By: Bambam
HBO has the Skynyrd documentary on , very nicely done.

Originally Posted By: Dallas69
Showtime has a new doc out that saw this week.Very well done.

Thanks guys, I'll have to look for that one. Hopefully I can find/get it up here?

11.gif

Originally Posted By: Jimmy9190
He was a guitarist in Lynyrd Skynyrd, he was in the band from 1972.....

I listened to a lot of Skynyrd as a kid growing up in Georgia and still listen to them today. Skynyrd, The Outlaws, Blackfoot, Molly Hatchet, the Allman Brothers and Atlanta Rhythm Section all remind me so much of my early teenage years and introduction to rock and roll in the 70's. RIP Ed. Lots of fans will miss you.

That was an interesting time for Southern Rock. Just enjoyable, party at the lake rock that had real thought behind it. Guitarists are my fav artisis within bands no matter how good the other members are. I remember I liked it but still moved on to hair bands (I should probably keep that a secret) as we moved into the 80's. Guitars again. Ed was one to remember, sorry to hear of his passing. There was also a good documentary when Levon Helm passed in, I think, 2012. The title was something like "I aint in it for my health". LOL. His appearances in some movies near the end was enjoyable also. Musicians can be so extreme in so many directions, thank goodness that includes talents like these guys.

Originally Posted By: DeepFriar
There was also a good documentary when Levon Helm passed... His appearances in some movies near the end was enjoyable also.

"Still got the shovel!" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back