RIP Tony Dow

He played older brother Wally Cleaver on the tv show Leave It to Beaver. I remember reading a story not long ago about his cancer returning but had no idea it would be this soon. I grew up watching the old Beaver re-runs in the 70s, it was and still is a good show. I think Jerry Mathers is still with us, he may be the last one left now. Another good one gone. RIP.

I always tried to be the big brother Wally was. My younger brother probably didn't think I quite made it.

The Beav.. weeps for his brother.

the Beaver.jpg

I liked Wally’s first car.
I don’t think it would run.
His buddies would help him “work” on it.
Looked like a 38 Plymouth or something like it.

I liked Wally’s first car.
I don’t think it would run.
His buddies would help him “work” on it.
Looked like a 38 Plymouth or something like it.
It was a 1953 Chevy 210. Convertible and it would not start. Classic lines in the show, Wally says to Ward "the sign says all cars are guaranteed for 30 days" and Ward says "Yeah, but what I'd like to see is a sign guaranteeing that he'll still be in business in thirty days." Absolute classic lesson there. Ward would have been a great BITOG'er.

Yes I remember the Chevy but there was a late 30s coupe also. Not sure which came first. I think it was Lumpy had what looked like a 36 convertible. Nice car. I liked Beaver’s logic…. “Accidentally on purpose “!

Back