RIP Sir Sean Connery.

Years ago I was signing the log book at a British Airways first class lounge. He had just signed in before me and was seated just a few feet away - with a woman much closer to his age - unlike the movies.
Later I figured out he’d stayed married for a long time.

Rest In Peace Sir. I never knew you in person but had many hours of enjoyment in front of the TV watching you.

Reactions: 4WD
That news was a brutal punch to the gut when I woke up. RIP James Bond. I loved all of his movies. My wife is going to have Hocus Pocus on repeat tonight but starting tomorrow, I'm going to take in the original James Bond movies in his memory.

Darn, can this year get any worse?! I recall going to a then new Showcase Cinema in the mid 60's with my Dad in Lawrence that featured James Bond, 007 in "Thunderball" and also " "HELP!" starring those four Brit mop tops. I'll have to pull out my Submariner and wear it the rest of the year.
Being a Scot, this is a sad day indeed. - Ken
That sounds like it was an AWESOME day with your dad ARCO!! Seeing Thunderball AND Help!? Can't get any better!!

I remember being a little kid and my friend from across the street and I were going through my parents' record collection and found my dad's copy of the "From Russia With Love" soundtrack. Our minds were blown by the HOT woman on the album cover;) I still have that lp in my collection. OMG she's SOOOOOO HOT!!!!!!
Russia with love.jpg

Sad day.
James Bond is dead. IMO, the only one. No one else even came close to capturing the essence of the role.
RIP, Sir Connery. RIP.

Or leave it open, because can there be too many threads on the great Sean Connery? I think not!

I almost made a thread but PimTac beat me to it by about a half hour lol.

Let's re-live some of his most amazing acting moments. Different people will remember him from - and like him more, from - different things.

R.I.P. Mr. Connery.

That news was a brutal punch to the gut when I woke up. RIP James Bond. I loved all of his movies. My wife is going to have Hocus Pocus on repeat tonight but starting tomorrow, I'm going to take in the original James Bond movies in his memory.

I'm watching Dr No in just a few minutes.

Years ago I was signing the log book at a British Airways first class lounge. He had just signed in before me and was seated just a few feet away - with a woman much closer to his age - unlike the movies.
Later I figured out he’d stayed married for a long time.

Did you say hi to them?

Back