RIP Sir Sean Connery.

Wow! A sad day during a sad year. RIP Mr. Connery...the quintessential Bond...

Did you say hi to them?
No, I have traveled many places/times and have seen a few celebrities … I leave them alone. I did speak to James Baker III , Chevy Chase, Ric Flair, and Lindsay Davenport … but they spoke to me first … small talk at best.

RIP a true legend. One of my favourite Sean Connery things wasn't even him, but rather the SNL caricature of him. Truly larger than life.

:( When younger would go to the local movie theater to watch double features of 007 with him . Enjoyed him in many other films .

A true legend. His best attribute was not buying into the Hollywood nonsense and becoming an ugly diva as so many others have. Truly a mans man with a life well lived and all done with style. Sail on sail Sean..........

All American submarines should give one...ping...only in his memory.
He really made that movie go . . . as he did with most of the things he was in.

He was the finest Bond. Dalton and Craig have handled the role beautifully. But seeing Connery convinced Ian Fleming himself, who originally wanted Cary Grant or David Niven to play the character, that he, Connery, was perfect.

And he was wise about his career. Yes, he turned down roles like Gandalf in Lord of the Rings because he "didn't understand the script." But he chose many other projects because they were good scripts, not because they would necessarily make him look good. (They generally ended up doing that anyway. Though we can leave Zardoz out of this, mmmkay?) He didn't settle for just playing Bond, but tried new directions all the time.

Back