Results of Honda/Acura HTO-06 Test _ Mobil 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to know, thanks. I figured PP would be approved. The in-house testing they did was very good. They used to have some of the data on their webpage.

Looking at this test now, it's clear that a Group III can pass it if formulated correctly. I would agree that M1's price isn't that competitive anymore, but I would still say the quality is there. I know many simply dismiss this test as XOM marketing, but Honda did test all the other oils and you can see the results for yourself.

I keep bringing this up but ultimately I think the results shown in this test speak highly of Mobil 1. Whether it's Group I II or III, the end product is what counts. I'd love to know the other Group III based oils in this test that M1 thrashed.

Quote:

Looking at this test now, it's clear that a Group III can pass it if formulated correctly. I would agree that M1's price isn't that competitive anymore, but I would still say the quality is there. I know many simply dismiss this test as XOM marketing, but Honda did test all the other oils and you can see the results for yourself.

Where did you find the details of the test and the results? All I can find is a bar chart put together in the brochure with no labels except "performance rating" and even then, there are no numerical values. That chart rates as useless marketing B.S. in my book.

"Answer me this: Do you REALLY think if Amsoil failed any of the performance parameters they would sell their oil?"

No, they probably wouldn't; but, why don't they just get the oil certified and end this argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back