Replacing all lug nuts with wheel locks and issues

You should see what they do at the junkyard. They basically pick up cars with a bulldozer as a fork lift. Goes right under and picks it up by the unibody. Cars aren't that fragile, they have to be able to survive the potholes on the road even at 60+. The steel car is probably more likely to do damage to the asphalt which is softer, unless you're on concrete.
Are you sure they’re made to go over potholes at 60mph? Because I did that on my 18inch wheels, blew a strut, bent a wheel, and cracked my tire . Maybe if you have big grandma tires but not on a car that is already low to the ground with 18inch wheels

I know the area you're at. You can definitely do that if your car looks normal and the wheels are stock and boring to deter even more. The ones that do spend some sort of money for special sockets tend to hit nicer cars.
Well that’s the thing I’m going to some black STi wheels

Really? You don’t think there would be at least some damage to the bottom of the car given that there’s 3500 pounds sitting on the bare ground onto the undercarriage components of the car ?
My Prius broke down, electronically, so badly that it wouldn't shift into neutral. I rescued it from a tow lot with a tow dolly and the tow guys used a forklift to clumsily drag my car out of its parking space (with forks under the engine/ trans) and then they lifted it from the side. No damage aside from some shiny aluminum where the forks slipped.

Do wheel locks affect wheel balance?

Going to be putting 5 wheel locks on each wheel as they love stealing wheels in Chicago, has happened to me before. This is for a AWD Subaru Impreza.

I know wheel locks can be removed , but the hassle of having to go through 20 locks on the car will definitely be a deterrent. And if they steal the car, that’s what My insurance is for. I would rather they steal my whole car and I get the money from it through insurance rather than they leave the car lying on the frame after taking the wheels destroying components of the car.

Yes, in Chicago when they steal wheels they don’t even put it on bricks or wood. So I wouldn’t even want to deal with repairing a car that was sitting on its frame and suspension bare.

Thanks
Look into:

GORILLA ACORN THE SYSTEM SERIES WHEEL LOCKS​

Each lug nut is designed as a locking lug nut with 1 key.

Well that’s the thing I’m going to some black STi wheels

Good luck in that case. The stock STI wheels are worth enough for the trouble of breaking lug nuts even if they're all locking. I would strongly recommend parking within your gate, out-of-sight, and a deterrent between you and your neighbors' rats. The bright side is that your wheels may last longer on your car than say....Humbolt Park or Chinatown.

Im in englewood, where Chief keef is from. Currently just graduated and I’m working in engineering, so saving up to get out of here and go somewhere nicer.

I do have a back parking spot with a big steel automatic gate where I used to park my car. But the neighbors garbage cans are so filthy they bring rats and they have caused $3500 of damage to my car ( which insurance paid for luckily ) .
Rats don't like kitty cats. Tether a couple of them close to or right on the car. Cars are expensive, cats aren't.

Back