Rental Car .....good times

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you guys only knew. I sold cars for Enterprise. THe cars that came on our lot were for the most part "cream of the crop" We did not take anything in that had over a grand of damage or did not have the maintenance done properly. Out of the 2years i was there I never had a customer complain about any type of engine damage...typical complaints here and there yes, but nothing because the car was a "heap"

NOW the funny thing is. Rental cars are EVERYWHERE. Dealers buy cars from us left and right and in many cases dont care what condition the car is in. They buy it, clean it up, fix whatever needs to be fixed and then sell it. Most times its called a "program car" or its just thrown on the lot as a normal used car. You wouldnt believe the amount of people who came to me and said they bought a car from the dealer and found out it was a rental car.

Overall there isnt anything to worry about when buying a rental. Its no worse then buying a used car from someone who has no records kept of thier maintenance. Buying a used car is a chance you take and nothing else.

My dad bought a 2004 Deville from Enterprise with 14,000 miles on it. Four years and 40,000 miles later it is still a really nice trouble free vehicle. As you said, it had complete maintenance records.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back