RejeX polymer sealant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: harry j
If eveyone knew just how good RejeX was, it would be a best seller.

Here's a bit of irony for you. This is the True Value I got it at. That big plant right across the street is the Beech Aircraft assembly plant. Event there, the "old guy" in the store hadn't heard of it. Of all the places that ought to know about it, I would think they would.

I put it on last night. It was around 35 or 40 (F) in the garage so I left in on about 40 minutes before wiping off. I'll put another coat on this evening. I'm pleased so far. I think I used about 2 or 3 ounces.

My car is black, and I have to towel dry it after washing. Otherwise there are are spots and streaks. Will rejex be any better about that?

Originally Posted By: imaduner
Has anyone used this on a boat ?? I was wondering how it would protect and how long it would last ??

Yes, it has been used on a boat. I seem to remember that RejeX was good for a couple of MPH, due presumeably to reduced friction.
So far, it has lasted a lot longer on my car than Zaino AIO and looks just as good.
I can believe that it would last pretty long on a boat, try it and let us know.

Originally Posted By: harry j
Originally Posted By: imaduner
Has anyone used this on a boat ?? I was wondering how it would protect and how long it would last ??

Yes, it has been used on a boat. I seem to remember that RejeX was good for a couple of MPH, due presumeably to reduced friction.
So far, it has lasted a lot longer on my car than Zaino AIO and looks just as good.
I can believe that it would last pretty long on a boat, try it and let us know.

Rejex will last longer than Zaino AIO because Zaino AIO is a all in one cleaner protectant and Rejex is just a protectant and doesn't clean.
Any all in one products will not last as long.

I know I'm digging up an old topic, but I'm considering purchasing some Rejex and using it on my bare aluminum wheels as protection after a thorough polishing.

I've got in narrowed down to Rejex and Poorboys wheel sealant

Ideas, suggestions, opinions?

Last edited:
I found it to be great on painted surfaces, not so good on chrome, not sure about bare aluminum wheels. My chrome plated wheel caps flash rusted very fast with Rejex on them, they were better protected with Carnuba Wax. However the paint looked better and beaded water better with Rejex than Carnuba Wax.

There is nothing too special about Poorboys wheel sealant. I tested it and found it did not perform any better than any other polymer sealant.

For the same $20, you can pick up a bottle of Rejex at True Value hardware stores. It'll work fine on wheels, paint, plastic, etc.

RejeX is pretty amazing stuff. The only things I don't use it on are items like seats, carpet etc. It does last many months on the paint finish. You can use it often if you want as it is non-abrasive and easy to apply and remove.

While I don't sell the stuff, I have provided some on occasion to the guys at work. They have seen what it does to my car and wanted some.
There is a problem with bugs getting all over the front of the cars down here in S. FL. This is the only product that works.
Have you tried it yet?

No, my father swears by the stuff on paint. He didn't think it did well on chrome as one of the other guys posting said

AD

I use it on the chrome under my hood so I guess it is not fair to compare it any trim or bumper chrome use. It does a great job on underhood components though, dirt just rinses off with the spot-free water at the car wash.

Originally Posted By: ADFD1
Does it leave white residue on black plastic?

AD

Only if the black plastic is pourous. On smooth plastic surfaces, it is no problem at all.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
My True Value Guy ordered it for me, save me some $ and no shipping costs.
Ones I called never heard of it and said they could not order it. Order it on line.

While you're at it, get some CorrosionX spray lube in the red can, it's just like liquid ball bearings and really lasts a long time.

I'm a True Value dealer in Michigan & any TV dealer can order Rejex. The warehouse stocks the 16 oz size & the TV order # is 619823. Hope this helps, Bob

I just bought and used the Rejex. Awesome stuff!!! I did a complete clay bar treatment, then a polish with some Presta 1500 no wax/no silicone machine polish with my DA polisher. Then I applied the Rejex. Very smooth finish. Great shine. Used it on my windshield as well. Rain doesn't stand a chance with the stuff. Very pleased with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back