Anyone tried the "new" Liquid Glass?

Anyone tried the "new" Liquid Glass by MPT? Gone is the charcoal lighter can and new modern flip-top squeeze bottle is the new container.
I have a bottle of the MPT Classic Polish and have used it twice and really like it. Have read this is the same product as Liquid Glass since MPT bought the rights to Liquid Glass but notice that they have re-introduced Liquid Glass.

IMO Liquid Glass used to be something. Easy to apply/remove, offered a nice shine or improved shine, reasonably long lasting.
However it has been eclipsed several times over, throughout the years with newer technologies and ease of use for the new products at a fraction of the cost of Liquid Glass.
I mean, LG is still OK if you've never tried anything else over the last 40 years but there is just better for le$$.

IMO Liquid Glass used to be something. Easy to apply/remove, offered a nice shine or improved shine, reasonably long lasting.
However it has been eclipsed several times over, throughout the years with newer technologies and ease of use for the new products at a fraction of the cost of Liquid Glass.
I mean, LG is still OK if you've never tried anything else over the last 40 years but there is just better for le$$.
Are you speaking of the new stuff the OP described, or the old stuff? Perhaps the new stuff has caught up or surpassed what used to be?

Are you speaking of the new stuff the OP described, or the old stuff? Perhaps the new stuff has caught up or surpassed what used to be?
Maybe! :unsure:
But, is it actually a new formula or just in a new bottle with a new owner? 🤷‍♂️
All I can find it that it it the "Original Formula" in a new container. "Easier to use, leaves less residue".
It was never hard to use nor left much residue! Maybe it is considered a boutique product by some? (y)
I believe that over the years, Liquid Glass has moved into a whole line of products rather than just the original formula.

I mean, all of the old products that are still on the market today are fine as well, they're just old.
Even Nu-Finish is considered an old product that is still a very good product and cheap, easy to use, long lasting.
But, I don't use it anymore either. I just want to spray a QD on my paint these days after washing...good to go! :cool:

Over the years, we've seen Silicone(instead of just wax), PTFE technologies finishes, NANO Technology etc.
Now we're seeing Ceramic, Hybrids, Graphene... Oh My! :eek:

Last edited:
Maybe! :unsure:
But, is it actually a new formula or just in a new bottle with a new owner? 🤷‍♂️
All I can find it that it it the "Original Formula" in a new container. "Easier to use, leaves less residue".
It was never hard to use nor left much residue! Maybe it is considered a boutique product by some? (y)
I believe that over the years, Liquid Glass has moved into a whole line of products rather than just the original formula.

I mean, all of the old products that are still on the market today are fine as well, they're just old.
Even Nu-Finish is considered an old product that is still a very good product and cheap, easy to use, long lasting.
But, I don't use it anymore either. I just want to spray a QD on my paint these days after washing...good to go! :cool:

Over the years, we've seen Silicone(instead of just wax), PTFE technologies finishes, NANO Technology etc.
Now we're seeing Ceramic, Hybrids, Graphene... Oh My! :eek:
Yeah and it makes me wonder if any of it is REALLY that much better than the old stuff? Have there REALLY been any real improvements in chemical technology as far as vehicle finish protection goes? I mean, any new chemicals or compounds in the past 5 to 10 years that REALLY MAKES THE PROTECTION LAST LONGER? It was silicon back in the 60's and now silicon dioxide is the thing! But is it? Now they got waxes and sealants for black paint. Graphene this, graphene that. It was Teflon or PTFE about 15 years ago and Star Brite still touts it on their Marine products but Teflon did nothing for durability or shine and was TOTAL BS.

Unless we are professional detailers who have paying customers looking for the best results for their money spent, then I think that we find a product that works for us and then we stick with it. I don't think that LG is a bad product by any means however I don't want to pay $35-$45 for a product that is a "wax on/wax off" product that gets into crack/seams/panels of my vehicles nor that can't be used on FLAT BLACK.

Right now, I am on a TWIS&S kick and just bought 3 more bottles at OLLIE'S for $5.99/ea. I may go get more if I am in the neighborhood of the store. So easy to use just like any other QD product and I love the shine & claimed durability.

Back