RejeX polymer sealant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here! I bought 2 bottles online from some joint up north in NY. I used it on my bare aluminum wheels on my F250 and I am super pleased with its protection.

Its holding up well on its 3rd week and I hope to get 3-4 months out of it. I may put a coat on my wheels every 2 months.

It doesn't get easier on and off than Rejex.

It will last longer than 4 months, but as easy as it is to apply and remove, do you think you can wait that long?

I probably won't be able to wait 4 months. I think the wear and tear of braking, heating up, cooling down, rain, road grime, etc will end up taking its toll on the Rejex.

Its only my weekend truck, but we'll see.

Originally Posted By: FiremarshalRob
I probably won't be able to wait 4 months. I think the wear and tear of braking, heating up, cooling down, rain, road grime, etc will end up taking its toll on the Rejex.

From my experience, all the things you mentioned will have little effect on the RejeX. The stuff seems to be bullet proof. Consider 2 applications initially and a refresher every 4 months or so. Fortunately it is easy to rub on and equally easy to remove, be sure to let it dry well though.

Originally Posted By: harry j
Originally Posted By: FiremarshalRob

From my experience, all the things you mentioned will have little effect on the RejeX. The stuff seems to be bullet proof. Consider 2 applications initially and a refresher every 4 months or so. Fortunately it is easy to rub on and equally easy to remove, be sure to let it dry well though.

RejeX is extremely tough stuff. Once RejeX fully cures, it's stable to approx. 600 degrees. So heating, cooling, rain, road grime – as well as solvents and detergents – have little effect on it.

What does eventually wear down RejeX is just plain old erosion – the cumulative mechanical action of airborne particles eventually strip it off (like a sandblaster in slow motion). But I've seen showroom cars and weekend drivers whose finish has last well beyond a year. On my personal vehicle, I get a year+ from the shine and maybe 5-6 months of stain/bug repelling. So I do my personal vehicle 2-3 times per year.

IMHO, an initial second coat is well worth the extra effort, especially on boats, airplanes and diesel vehicles that have exhaust issues and on wheels with high performance brakes as they tend to give off a lot of brake dust.

What happens to the guy that wants to use Rejex but used a different product before Rejex? Does he have to strip the old wax off getting down to a wax free clear coat?

Two initial coats is highly recommended.
I just applied it over the Zaino wax I had previously used. Perhaps it needed two coats due to a conversion factor. The original wax needs to be replaced with the RejeX.

I have 2 coats of rejex on right now. But I want to claybar my car. Will this completely remove the old Rejex? I am going to re-apply it it anyway, I was just curious.

I'm pretty sure you will remove the RejeX with the clay bar. Just throw on another coat when your finished and you'll be good to go.

I was under the impression Rejex worked best either as a first coat, or over itself. Reading about it lead me to believe going over another product with Rejex compromised its protection, and shine. I have Collonite over Rejex and my paint is perfect, 08 Jeep garaged. Now I'm hesitant about putting Rejex over the Collonite, and don't feel like stripping wax with a clay bar. I guess it is best to stick to Collonite until I feel like doing a clay bar job?

A polymer sealant like Rejex will not bond properly if a wax is on the paint. You will need to strip off the wax before applying more Rejex, or any sealant.

Wax on top of sealant? OK, but you can only top off with more wax.

Sealant on top of wax? No can do if you want max durability.

You guys really gotta try RejeX under the hood. All that
is required to clean the engine compartment after RejeX is
used, is to spray it down at the local car wash using the
spot free rinse.

heli_in_jacks_yard_resize.jpg

Our helicopter is in NY for the summer. We flew it up there from Florida. The Rejex has worked perfectly. It's amazing stuff. The tail was really grody, yet it washed right off and the boss was pleased to have his heli ready to go.

Chris

Other than painted fenders and firewall, what else are you applying it to under the hood?

Thanks!

I also apply RejeX on all aluminum, plastic, stainless steel, chrome, battery, air intake ducting, just off the top of my head.
I treated the plastic fan blades a while ago and they are still very clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back