RejeX polymer sealant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: rondoggnuts
Originally Posted By: harry j
I just found a new use for RejeX. Try it on the rubber door seals, it worked well on my 15 year old seals. Makes them look like new.

The "rubber" seals on cars aren't actually rubber anymore. They are made of a synthetic material called EPDM, (ethylene propylene diene monomer). Not trying to criticize your post, harry j. I'm just pointing out that others shouldn't necessarily expect the results you did if using Rejex on 'true' rubber surfaces.

Yes, you're right, I'm aware that the seals are not rubber. I was just using that term generically. I recommend that a little RejeX be tried on a small portion of the seal to see if it is appropriate. It may not be for everyone, but it worked very well in my application (1993 Civic)

Originally Posted By: rondoggnuts
I just found a new use for RejeX. Try it on the rubber door seals, it worked well on my 15 year old seals. Makes them look like new.

The "rubber" seals on cars aren't actually rubber anymore. They are made of a synthetic material called EPDM, (ethylene propylene diene monomer). Not trying to criticize your post, harry j. I'm just pointing out that others shouldn't necessarily expect the results you did if using Rejex on 'true' rubber surfaces.

You are quite right about EPDM and RejeX is probably fine for use on it. RejeX has mineral spirits in it and you should make sure that it does not attact the "rubber" or remove additives like the wax, that blooms on the surface, in tires. I don't usually recommend using it on elastomeric materials.

Ed

I will try to be careful Ed, but so far so good. The car (and seals) are now 16 years old. The seals look like new(better) and seal well...no wind noise. I bought a tube of Crytox a while back, I haven't tried it yet though.

RejeX update;

Water is still sheeting off the car windows many months longer than Rainx ever did. I guess what I like the most is how the wiper blades just glide over the windshield, though I rarely ever have to use them.

I noticed the rejex on the windows is still holding up well except for the windshield where the wipers contact when running. Still not bad though.

I have been switching back and forth between RejeX and Zaino AIO. I can't make up my mind which one's better. Should I just combine the two and be done with it?

On a car, not much difference. On our helicopter, Zaino does nothing, however Rejex prevents exhaust stains on the paint.

I haven't tried Rejex on glass yet, but it does a really nice job on chrome wheels and paint. Good stuff and holds up well, just follow the directions and get it out of the sun after applying it.

Frank D

I got a motorcycle owner to try the RejeX on his bike. He was always cursing about the large amount of bugs that were accumulated during his weekly round trip to Orlando. After a single treatment, there were less bugs and those that did manage to remain on the fairing and wind screen, were easily whisked away....problem solved.

Originally Posted By: faqulars
I just bought two bottles from Skygeek seemed reasonably priced after hearing the comments on the board. I'm a very loyal Zaino user. What are the thoughts of applying this over it and can anyone vouch for durabilty of this say to Zaino or Klasse?

I recently applied a coat of RejeX over the Zaino finish. I have to say that I am very pleased with the results. A very deep shine as well as awesome bug rejection. Whatever bugs don't fall off by themselves, the remaining will go away with just a touch.

An observation about using it on chrome. It did nothing for my chrome center wheel caps, 2 coats and about 1 month of driving no snow, and they're rusting. Looks great on the paint though.

Frank D

The RejeX leaves what can be described as a teflon like surface. I regularly remove dried bird droppings with only a paper towel. No visable residue remains and it is easily and swiftly removed.
Sorry about the rust, even RejeX has limitations.

Sorry about the rust, even RejeX has limitations.

How is Rejex at protecting against UV rays? Since its NG at protecting chrome do you have any suggestions for chrome?

Frank D

Once chrome rusts, the only way I know to remedy the problem is to have it rechromed. I only use polished stainless steel on my car, chrome doesn't hold up as well.

Thanks, I'll try and shine these up the best I can. I had them in the original box for years never used, they were NIB. The last set lasted close to 20 years with just waxing them, these are on since September. I was hoping Rejex was better on them than wax, I was wrong. Next set will be SS.

Frank D

When looking at True Value, be sure to go look on the shelf yourself, don't go by what they tell you
grin2.gif

I picked some up this afternoon, but the clerk had never heard of it. As he walked me to the auto section he was explaining how some things they don't send to all the stores. Then we got over there and I found 1 dusty bottle
banana2.gif

And this wasn't some dumb kid either. He was an old guy who looked like he'd ran the store for 50 years. Apparently they don't sell much of it...

If eveyone knew just how good RejeX was, it would be a best seller.
The owner of a local hardware store promised to look into stocking RejeX, sure hope he does.
There is a lot of road construction here in south Fl. I get tar on the flanks almost daily. After using RejeX, the tar simply wipes off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back