RejeX polymer sealant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Tempest
Quote:
For best results get all the old wax off and apply 2 coats allowing at least the 12 hour cure between coats, and keep the vehicle out of the sun during the cure time. Good prep is the key for best results.

Yep. I used Simple Green on mine before Rejexing it to make sure it was down to paint.

Never thought of that, I might just give that a try. How much per gallon of wash water?

Frank D

Originally Posted By: gto78
Some of my customers at the airport use RejeX and it's very, very obvious when they do. Those airplanes are the only ones that you can't even set a small shop rag or tool on because it will slide right off... All the other customers pay detail guys big bucks, in the thou$ands of dollars. The "other" customers airplanes always look dull but clean, and not slick at all. The guys who care enough to wash and wax their own airplanes all seem to use RejeX. Every time I work on one that's insanely slick I'll ask the owner what he waxes it with, and every time it's the same answer...RejeX.

JOE

Joe, RejeX was originally developed for aircraft, specifically the military. They had trouble trying to remove exhaust soot from the aircraft's body. This stuff solved the problem and now we can all benefit from this technology. After having used it for a while now, I can report that, if applied correctly, it is second to none.

Since I have been using the RejeX on my headlights, they gleam like jewels and there is no evidence of any deterioration.

I just received a new RejeX shipment. It looks like they may have changed the formula some. It is now easier to apply and remove. I hope it sheds the bugs and dirt just like before.

RejeX is awesome for wheel care, any dirt that may accumulate is just blasted off with water pressure. Sure makes keeping the rims clean easy, finally, something that really works!

Originally Posted By: harry j
I just received a new RejeX shipment. It looks like they may have changed the formula some. It is now easier to apply and remove. I hope it sheds the bugs and dirt just like before.

Tell me more... has the bottle changed in any way so one can tell it's the (presumed) revised formula?

Originally Posted By: RnR

Tell me more... has the bottle changed in any way so one can tell it's the (presumed) revised formula?

No, same bottle. It just seemed easier to apply and remove than before. Makes it much better for the windows.

I have been switching back and forth between RejeX and Zaino AIO. I can't make up my mind which one's better. Should I just combine the two and be done with it?

You all make Rejex sound great, but I really need something with cleaner in it. I like Klasse All In One. It has a chemical cleaner in it, but it's not enough the keep the finish bug free. The best I found is Pinnacle XMT 360. It is a cleaner/sealant that I apply with a Porter Cable 7424. You apply it sparingly, and buff until it almost disappears completely, then buff lightly with a microfiber cloth. I top it with carnauba for maximum wet, and depth. An application will last through upstate NY winters.

RejeX is certainly a fine product, but as you pointed out, it lacks a cleaner. It is best used by those who already have their paint in excellent condition. I like it best on the windows.
The best sealant/cleaner I have ever used is Zaino AIO (all in one). The shine is comparable to RejeX. Zaino AIO contains a mild cleaner and really does an outstanding job.

I have been switching back and forth between RejeX and Zaino AIO. I can't make up my mind which one's better. Should I just combine the two and be done with it?

I guess it's OK to quote myself, if not I apologize for that.
I tried a mixture of AIO an RejeX. I have to say I was pleasantly suprised. The same brilliant shine was still there, and the insanely slick surface was still intact, but after all the recent heavy rain we've been having lately, the water just sheeted of the finish.....much better than I could have hoped for.
Anybody else tried this brew?

Originally Posted By: Colt
Zaino AIO won't last as long as Rejex because it paint cleaner too and Rejex isn't.

Quite so Colt, but the two of them together..ahh

Zaino AIO won't last as long as Rejex because it paint cleaner too and Rejex isn't.

Harry,I wouldn't mix the two together.
Maybe go Zaino first and top coat with Rejex.

Harry,I wouldn't mix the two together.
Maybe go Zaino first and top coat with Rejex.

As you suggest, Zaino first and then RejeX, that worked very well for me too. I kinda like the mix though, just one application.

I just found a new use for RejeX. Try it on the rubber door seals, it worked well on my 15 year old seals. Makes them look like new.

I recently used it on the granite counter tops, porcelain sinks and stainless steel faucets in my two bathrooms.

I prepped with P21S Polishing Soap, another excellent product with lots of different uses.

Niiiice results!

I just found a new use for RejeX. Try it on the rubber door seals, it worked well on my 15 year old seals. Makes them look like new.

The "rubber" seals on cars aren't actually rubber anymore. They are made of a synthetic material called EPDM, (ethylene propylene diene monomer). Not trying to criticize your post, harry j. I'm just pointing out that others shouldn't necessarily expect the results you did if using Rejex on 'true' rubber surfaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back