RejeX polymer sealant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: harry j
After using Zaino AIO and RejeX, I prefer the Zaino, using the RejeX only on the windows.

What differences do you notice on paint and wheels?

While RejeX left a slick mirror like finish, so did Zaino AIO. The Zaino was easier to apply and remove. For the wheels, I use the same micro fiber towel after buffing off the Zaino from the paint.

It has been raining here in south Florida lately. I just love the RejeX on the windows, water rolls off easily, I hardly ever used the wipers.

I recently started using the RejeX under the hood. So far, dirt and grime is easily (and carefully) rinsed away. I can recommend this stuff for those that like to keep the motor and accessories clean and shiny.

While RejeX left a slick mirror like finish, so did Zaino AIO. The Zaino was easier to apply and remove. For the wheels, I use the same micro fiber towel after buffing off the Zaino from the paint.

You really can't compare Zaino AIO to Rejex.
Zaino AIO is a paint cleaner and sealer but won't last as long as Rejex because it's a all in one product where Rejex is just a protectant.
Zaino Z2 is like Rejex.

You can compare the shine quality and ease of application.

I have both the Z2 and Rejex.I use Rejex on the windows.
I feel the Z2 goes on and comes off easier and has a better shine and durability.
As I posted here a couple of times,Rejex is my second choice after Zaino.
Both are very good products.

Some of my customers at the airport use RejeX and it's very, very obvious when they do. Those airplanes are the only ones that you can't even set a small shop rag or tool on because it will slide right off... All the other customers pay detail guys big bucks, in the thou$ands of dollars. The "other" customers airplanes always look dull but clean, and not slick at all. The guys who care enough to wash and wax their own airplanes all seem to use RejeX. Every time I work on one that's insanely slick I'll ask the owner what he waxes it with, and every time it's the same answer...RejeX.

JOE

I just got back from attending the Gatornationals in Gainesville. The windshield was full of bug carcases. A trip to the car wash proved the value of RejeX. Just the water pressure alone blasted all evidence of any unwanted windshield debris clean off. I was prepared to fight the mess with a cleaning rag, that turned out to be totally unnecessary.

How long does Rejex last on automotive glass compared to RainX? I use Zaino for the paint and would definitely try Rejex for the glass if it lasts a lot longer than the once a week RainX applications.

Originally Posted By: Ryan
How long does Rejex last on automotive glass compared to RainX? I use Zaino for the paint and would definitely try Rejex for the glass if it lasts a lot longer than the once a week RainX applications.

The RejeX does last longer, I have gone months before reapplying. It was still effective at that point, I just can't leave well enough alone.

Originally Posted By: Ryan
Great, I think I will go and get some today, provided that the Tru Value store a few miles away from me sells it.

You can try Tru Value Ryan, the ones here don't have it. I had to order direct from CorrosionX. Well worth it! I never really liked the RainX, It didn't last very long and the wipers tended to smear the windshield.

I called a couple of True Values around here and the closest one didn't have it, but one about 35 miles away had it.
frown.gif
Next time I am around that part of town I will pick it up, but I am too cheap to drive 70 miles round trip right now just to get it. I don't feel like ordering it either. I am exited to try it out eventually though.

Last edited:
10-22 that last statement, I ended up driving 70 miles round trip to buy it. Hahah. I will apply some to my gf's car in the garage tonight so it can cure in there for 12 hours, then I will try my beater car when I get a chance to keep it out of direct sunlight for 12 hours. This stuff better be good!

Update, I just applied this stuff on my 2000 Trans Am and I am impressed how it leaves NO residue after wiping off! With RainX I could sit there all day and try to buff it off and I will still see streaks. I can't wait for it to cure and see how it works in the rain.

I tried it on two vehicles and here are my observations. I applied it to a new Jeep and garaged it for 12 hours then re-applied it and garaged it again for 12 hours. It worked well and water beads up nicely.

I did the same thing to an older vehicle which has perfect paint. It was done exactly the same way, but didn't work as well.

They want it to go on a perfectly clean wax free surface for best results. My suggestion would be to clay the car first to get all the old wax off (I didn't do this). Dish soap strips wax (I did use it to wash this vehicle), but dish soap leaves some wax behind. For best results get all the old wax off and apply 2 coats allowing at least the 12 hour cure between coats, and keep the vehicle out of the sun during the cure time. Good prep is the key for best results.

Rejex has no cleaners in it.

HTH
Frank D

I am just going to use this on the glass although Zaino acts the same way, you pretty much need to claybar it before you start applying it on the paint.

Quote:
For best results get all the old wax off and apply 2 coats allowing at least the 12 hour cure between coats, and keep the vehicle out of the sun during the cure time. Good prep is the key for best results.

Yep. I used Simple Green on mine before Rejexing it to make sure it was down to paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back