refurbished iphones

Does anyone know an online reseller of refurbished iphones that you would recommend? Lots out there, for sure...I just don't know which ones are reputable. Thanks!

Apple sells refurbished devices on their website. Scroll to the bottom of their homepage at apple.com and find “refurbished“. At the moment, their selection of iPhones seems limited.
This is how I always buy their laptops. BH Photo in New York is the only retailer that I buy refurbished anything because they are an authorized Apple retailer.
There are too many ways to get ripped off otherwise..

Thanks, guys. I should have clarified. I'm looking for a better selection than the Apple site has right now. There's no shortage of resellers, of course, but I'm hoping to find a good one that someone has personal experience with.

Another option is to purchase a new iPhone with a Apple Card. On Apple products you can opt for a 24 month payment period with no interest.

I'm looking for a better selection than the Apple site has right now.
You probably should compare the refurbishment process between companies. With Apple, they replace everything except the internal boards (new battery, new screen, etc). Yes, they cost more too but they also come with the same warranty as a new phone. With others, probably most of them, their process is reset the software, charge the battery, and wipe it down with alcohol wipes. You can get lucky in some cases though, for example, someone buys a new phone and after a few days decides it's too big or too small or something else and they return it.

Some Amazon sellers have the Amazon refurb backing and guarantee. I've bought several so called refurbs and all turned out to be brand new. People bought them and returned them to the store for another model or when a new model comes out, some stores have lot's of inventory. These are collected and auctioned off in lots of different amounts and sold on Amazon and Ebay. I'm currently using a 6S plus that I bought from Amazon and it came in brand new.

YOU can also look for private sellers on ebay, though more rare now, they come up now and then. Ebay makes it easy because of the ratings people leave.
But some sellers, you know if they are real for example, they are posting their personal phones for some reason.
I say it is getting harder now because so many companies are giving trade in prices on new phones, these phones then get sold off to the resellers.
Kind of funny, just Friday we got two new iPhones 13s to replace an XR and Iphone 11. Both the phones we are turning in are absolutely perfect, not a mark on them. Could pass as new! Even the original boxes, its just the way we treat our stuff. Someone like us would have put them on ebay like we have done other phones every few years BUT Tmobile was offering us new phones at no cost to trade them in. SO we are shipping them back tomorrow.

Im going to post another thread on it but right now TMobile is offering brand new iPhone 13s at no cost IF you have a iPhone X,XR, 11, 12 ect to trade in. If you have an older model then the X, they the trade in value goes down rapidly starting with the iPhone 8.

Anyway, if interested check out TMobile site, Friday $1,600 worth of phones arrived at our door at no cost, (2 iPhone 13s) except sales tax.
We signed up for their Magenta 55+ plan which includes all taxes and fees for $70 a month both lines, unlimited high speed 5g, and a ton of other features, our net cost is actually $62 because Netflix standard also comes with it we already subscribe to Netflix HD and now $8 or 9 a month will be deducted from our Netflix bill or somewhere around there.
I hate to give up my ATT Redpocket service but this deal was too good to turn down, heck we were even looking to switch. Anyway, in reality over a 2 year period it will cost us $300 or less in extra cell bill compared to Redpocket ATT but we have two new $800 phones totaling $1,600.
I still cant believe it!

If your under 55 and have no one over that age to subscribe it is the same deal but much more expensive for the service.
Ps, you do need good credit for the best deal.

IMG_6891.jpeg

Last edited:
Might be a little late I'm just seeing this post, my friend picked up an iPhone 8+ off backmarket. Supposedly the phone goes through say a used car 160 pts inspection before being sold. They replace the battery if around 80% or not supporting peak performance the LCD or led panels are replaced if not performing up to spec and so forth.. what he was told.

Apple sells refurbished devices on their website. Scroll to the bottom of their homepage at apple.com and find “refurbished“. At the moment, their selection of iPhones seems limited.
This is how I always buy their laptops. BH Photo in New York is the only retailer that I buy refurbished anything because they are an authorized Apple retailer.
There are too many ways to get ripped off otherwise..

Quite a few Apple authorized sellers also have their own refurbished Apple devices that aren't done with Apple's cooperation.

One of the things with Apple refurbished devices is that they can do things that others can't do, other than build up to their standards. If they replace a battery or a broken display, it will be done with an OEM part. Often third parties throw in an aftermarket battery or display, and newer models will tell you that every chance they have. Also, they will modify the model number and assign a new serial number. There are actually two model numbers. One always starts with an A with 4 digits (wonder when they'll run out) that represents a broad category. The other is more complex and starts with an M is new, N if it's a "replacement device", and F if it's Apple refurbished. The weird thing with an iPhone is that the different model numbers can be seen by tapping on it in Settings.

ios15-iphone13-pro-settings-general-about-parts-unknown-part.png
gallery1.png

I've bought refurbished iPhones direct from Apple and through NewEgg, TigerDirect and Amazon. No issues at all.

It sucks sometimes people just dont have the coin to buy new and avoid all that stuff. That's why I bought an xr new but in 2021. I dont need $1000+ device or latest bells and whistles.

It sucks sometimes people just dont have the coin to buy new and avoid all that stuff. That's why I bought an xr new but in 2021. I dont need $1000+ device or latest bells and whistles.

That is why a lot of people go with the Apple Card 24 month payment scheme. $40 some odd a month and interest free.

That is why a lot of people go with the Apple Card 24 month payment scheme. $40 some odd a month and interest free.
Some Apple products when bought with an Apple Card are interest free. Im not an installment guy either but for those that are might be worth checking.
As posted we had late model phones XR and 11. Tmobile gave us $1,600 credit towards two new iPhone 13s as new customers.
In reality is cost us the tax and $312 still a great deal for two new iPhone 13s. The $312 is the difference of the cell service cost I had from Red Pocket ATT.

Cell service from TMobile is costing us $13 more a month "NET" because we are getting a $7 a month credit from our current Netflix subscription from TMobile now. 55+ plan is $70 for two lines all taxes and fees included - $7 credit for Netflix. Net cost $63 for two lines, Magenta 55+
I was paying $50 a month to RedPocket ATT (which in two years I may be back too)
Granted T-Mobile gives more extras than RedPocket so the cost difference MIGHT also be useful to use. It does have some limited overseas data and texting which would help my wife when traveling to visit family there.

We switched our adult daughter off now that we left Redpocket, she was paying us $20 a month for her line, it was easy to switch her, using my home computer to a Redpocket yearly ATT unlimited plan = works out to $23.33 a month actual payment ... (within 25 cents)

Last edited:
I recently had good luck buying a slightly used/refurb Apple iPhone XS 256GB Space Gray A Grade Refurbished Fully Unlocked Smartphone from Walmart.com They have a bunch of 3rd party resellers that work through Walmart.com Only paid $ 269.00 , free freight, with sales tax it totaled $ 292.00 (original MSRP was $ 1350.00 ! ) Signed up for a very customizable phone plan with Tello.com, only $8.00/month with no contract.

I recently had good luck buying a slightly used/refurb Apple iPhone XS 256GB Space Gray A Grade Refurbished Fully Unlocked Smartphone from Walmart.com They have a bunch of 3rd party resellers that work through Walmart.com Only paid $ 269.00 , free freight, with sales tax it totaled $ 292.00 (original MSRP was $ 1350.00 ! ) Signed up for a very customizable phone plan with Tello.com, only $8.00/month with no contract.
I thought tello went out with the discontinuation of sprint network. Are they now using T-Mobile?

YOU can also look for private sellers on ebay, though more rare now, they come up now and then. Ebay makes it easy because of the ratings people leave.
But some sellers, you know if they are real for example, they are posting their personal phones for some reason.
I say it is getting harder now because so many companies are giving trade in prices on new phones, these phones then get sold off to the resellers.
Kind of funny, just Friday we got two new iPhones 13s to replace an XR and Iphone 11. Both the phones we are turning in are absolutely perfect, not a mark on them. Could pass as new! Even the original boxes, its just the way we treat our stuff. Someone like us would have put them on ebay like we have done other phones every few years BUT Tmobile was offering us new phones at no cost to trade them in. SO we are shipping them back tomorrow.

Im going to post another thread on it but right now TMobile is offering brand new iPhone 13s at no cost IF you have a iPhone X,XR, 11, 12 ect to trade in. If you have an older model then the X, they the trade in value goes down rapidly starting with the iPhone 8.

Anyway, if interested check out TMobile site, Friday $1,600 worth of phones arrived at our door at no cost, (2 iPhone 13s) except sales tax.
We signed up for their Magenta 55+ plan which includes all taxes and fees for $70 a month both lines, unlimited high speed 5g, and a ton of other features, our net cost is actually $62 because Netflix standard also comes with it we already subscribe to Netflix HD and now $8 or 9 a month will be deducted from our Netflix bill or somewhere around there.
I hate to give up my ATT Redpocket service but this deal was too good to turn down, heck we were even looking to switch. Anyway, in reality over a 2 year period it will cost us $300 or less in extra cell bill compared to Redpocket ATT but we have two new $800 phones totaling $1,600.
I still cant believe it!

If your under 55 and have no one over that age to subscribe it is the same deal but much more expensive for the service.
Ps, you do need good credit for the best deal.

View attachment 95056
how are they free if you're trading in your current paid off phones?

Back