Redneck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if I would call this humor, but thought this was the best place to post this.

Some of you don't qualify for this but thought you would enjoy.

You might be a redneck if.....

it never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, "One nation, under God..."

you've never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in public places...

you still say "Christmas" instead of "Winter Festival..."

you bow your head when someone prays...

you stand and place your hand over your heart when they play the National Anthem...

you treat Viet Nam vets with great respect, and always have...

you've never burned an American Flag...

you know what you believe and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening...

you respect your elders and expect your kids to do the same...

you'd give your last dollar to a friend...

We have enjoyed the rednuck jokes for years. It's time to take a reflective look at the core beliefs of a culture that values home, family, country, and God. If I had to stand before a dozen terrorists who threaten my life, I'd choose a half dozen or so rednecks to back me up. Tire irons, squirrel guns and grit -- that's what rednecks are made of. I hope I am one of those.

Am I a Redneck? YOU BETCHA!!!
patriot.gif

I almost qualify but a few of these are American only. We don't have the hand on heart thing while singing the national anthem or 'one nation under god' which I guess is part of your national anthem? The rest are covered though.

quote:

Unfortunately, many think that if you're not a Christian, you're not American.

Some people want to make this into more than it is. Please cite examples, etc.

What do you mean by "many"?

It's about time this came to the surface, because it was a silly rally call during the election. It doesn't wash, though. Sure there are intolerant people on the left as there are on the right. Always will be, but I haven't seen "many" people protesting the Jewish faith, or Sikhs or Hindi.......

The only thing I have seen is we were attacked by so called Muslims. And yes a few hot heads acted up then - but were are the "many"??? And sure there has been searches for certain middle eastern males between the ages of 30 and 60 - and many have been found to be here illegally with harmful intent, There have been no mass round-ups, no persecutions....so please give me examples.

Sorry for closing a good thread, but I'm not going to let such a statement stand in my country, even in a Humor forum. We all should stand up vigorously to religious hatred.

quote:

Originally posted by n8wvi:
Unfortunately, many think that if you're not a Christian, you're not American.

Dave

I would have to agree. If you want to throw this statement in, I'll chirp in.

It's not ironic that most in the military(that's MOST, not all) are in fact Christian. I live next door to one of the world's biggest liberals, he's athiest, and he doesn't own an American flag. Actually, he wrote many letters to our homeowners association stating that we shouldn't be able to fly our flags.

Also, at work I have observed that the liberals there don't have anything good to say about our country, while the conserative ones have American flag stickers on their vehicles.

Just my observation, take it how you want. But, IMHO, most Americans that really care and are Patriotic, are in fact Christian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back