Redline SI-1 kicks #@$%!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used so many other various fuel system cleaners, including Redline SI-1 to clean out my Corolla, especially the combustion chambers. When I used it before, I split the bottle in half between two tanks since it only has a 10 gallon tank. This time I put the whole bottle in. Two tankfuls after the full on Redline cleaning, my car runs better than it ever has. Peppier, ping is almost totally gone, starts easier in the subzero mornings, idles smoother. Don't buy anything else IMO!

YES!!! I luv this stuff. For the money, even if it's the placebo affect, makes me feel good. & The car is hushed quiet on idle.

Too bad AAP is getting rid of it from its shelf:(

I love this stuff to, I am gonna order some from AAP since they are closing it out cheap now. It made my engine SOOOO smooth at idle its unreal. I still must say that even it couldnt get rid of the hiss sound my injector made. It sounded like a garden hose that was partially blocked with your thumb when I punched the engine. I ran a very strong dose of FP60(13oz in a 14gallon tank) and within 50 miles or so it started to quickly go away.

But SI-1 has the most positive impact easily out of all the fuel adds I have run, and I have run just about all of them I think. Redline makes some good stuff. I think I am gonna try a mixture of some Redline and FP60. Maybe I will find the best of both worlds.

Pep Boys still carries it, along with Autozone. I'm gonna head over to Advance thought and see if they have anymore at closeout prices; I'm gonna close them out on the stuff!

I've been using SI-1 religiously for years with not one negative issue, absolutely love it. What's the status of autozone and redline, are they discontinuing?
dunno.gif

Best stuff I have ever used. I have converted more people to this than ANYTHING else. I have had more luck getting people to use this than when I was a M1 Fan. It just works. Come to think of it I used it when I used M1 religiously. Ah well.

Glad to hear other finding the TRUTH. Better than Lucas that is for sure.

I will second what Challenger71 states. I have been using Redline SI-1 every fill-up (maintenance dose of 1.5 oz/10 gal) in all of my vehicles since approx. 1991. Never have had a problem with the product and never have needed fuel injector servicing due to deposits on the injectors. Recently I had the lower intake manifold gaskets replaced on my 02 Impala 3400 and the tech did not see a need to service any of the components due to deposits.

thumbsup.gif

that's good news...I was beginning to wonder. I may order from CDOC (local speed shop) online. They are running a special on SI-1 for around $58 on a case of 12!

I don't think so; Redline's website still indicates Autozone and Pep Boys carry the SI-1.

I like this stuff. I've been using it for awhile now. I buy it at PepBoys. $7. I add 1oz per fill up.

I was using it.. But wasnt Terry Dyson saying its not any good?
Heres one thread I found..
Old SI-1 Thread

There was other threads too I cannot find them.

So is it safe to use or what?

Don't believe everything that everyone writes. What I preach is that if it works for you, stick with it!

Redline, as well as others, have excellent products that work extremely well.

Last time I checked, it was still in stock at most stores around here. I've haven't been able to get any at 'blowout' prices. Makes me wonder if closeout is location dependent.

Back in school tried it on a friends 90's GM V-6 that terrorized the 5-gas machine. Man oh man it was bad. Then gave him a spare bottle of SL-1 that I had instead of running a Fuel Injector cleaning that day. He got to do it the next week in shop. Well while taking his preservice 5-gas it was less than 1/10th the NOX, CO, HC. His and mine were the only cars to not improve on a post service 5-gas. Mine was at least once an oil change (always synthetic back then and 3m/3k OCI) and had 60K on it at the time.

Plus his already ran better. Terry can say he does not see it do any good all he wants. It won't make a clean car run any better really and will not improve a UOA. But it will make the car run much better if gummed up. Seen it numerous times. Friends Crotch rocket was another case, bosses old riding mower was yet another. My Dad's old Explorer.

It is one of the only additives I truly believe in without hesitation.

I think Terry likes its use just before an oil change instead of every fill up but prefers other things for maintenance doses. SL-1 being more of a quick fix. Sorry Terry if I got that wrong.

From the link above he really likes the FP & Chevron Techron products over the SI-1. still not quite sure why tho...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back