grandma barely drives corolla

good karma to robscoe for taking such nice care of his grandma, g.b.u. sincerely.

it’s clear that robscoe inherited his grampa’s old school, honest, meticulous attention to detail. more goodness there too.

as for grandma’s 2018 toyota corolla we can all agree that a corolla is pretty much indestructible. an annual whatever-is-on-sale oil & filter change (for an excuse to give the car a once-over look-see as much as the fresh oil), battery tender if parked for long intervals, proper tire inflation, an occasional fast highway run. at some future point change out the coolant, brake and transmission fluids. it appears that grandma’s corolla is in canada, which means slush and salted roads, so a couple of decent undercarriage washings annually.

bring grandma along for the highway runs and washes, she will treasure your companionship and you will treasure these memories.

i may or may not have just compounded and polished with a 110/210 then sealed with a m21….. and cleaned all her trim and tires then shined them. After having them soak the entire time i has it with that tha crc honey goo rejuvenator all seals now mint again. i decided against going nuts, quickly checked the plugs tho, cleaned em, just since she probably has winter gas in car still i poured some seafoam in tank as its like a stabilizer but better and a bit in the oil, then drove n got some liqui moly AA top
tech as it was 2 for 1 mum’s car uses the same so figured what the heck right, checked all fluids coolant needed top up, now she’s good no matter what lol. so went SLIGHTLY less nuts it’s just.. it’s my gran and ya she’s always been SO kind to me. if my dad said if he could emulate anyone it’d be him, i wanna do the same, he was just old school and far cooler and more practical about it LOL. Also switching adhd meds and i work 90 hours w week give or take i know all the extras will make her very happy. thus me very happy.

Sorry lol didn’t mean to ignore any advice but i did take some, didnt ceratec, nor did i spray it, the seafoam was purely for making her gas last longer and for the oil pulling any of the egr gunk out as i read the EGR system isn’t really so great for people who strictly take short drives due to much of the ****ty stuff not having time to really get burned right? whereas my audi i drive far and relatively hard sometimes, and my mum’s egr gets worked good. …… but now her car is worrying me, can’t borescope to see valves so have to remove intake completely which sucks but it smells off, but if oil on map sensor, and it’s running like +14 LTFT ?!

Back