Blew my o rings with too much Techron or Redline...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread reminds me of the old 1970s–1980s claims that using certain synthetic oils caused natural-rubber oil seals and gaskets in Asian cars to leak, because the oil was incompatible with the seals. Synthetic-rubber (neoprene) seals supposedly were immune and did not leak from a switch to synthetic oil.

Now it's certain types of fuel additives attacking certain types of O-rings. Hmm. What's old is new again. :LOL:

This thread reminds me of the old 1970s–1980s claims that using certain synthetic oils caused natural-rubber oil seals and gaskets in Asian cars to leak, because the oil was incompatible with the seals. Synthetic-rubber (neoprene) seals supposedly were immune and did not leak from a switch to synthetic oil.

Now it's certain types of fuel additives attacking certain types of O-rings. Hmm. What's old is new again. :LOL:
I find it interesting that people call me an idiot for not knowing butyl can be broken down by PEA and other amines yet nobody is pointing the finger at you. Oh well!

I find it interesting that people call me an idiot for not knowing butyl can be broken down by PEA and other amines yet nobody is pointing the finger at you. Oh well!
DELETE or IGNORE available:

But,
I find it interesting there is no proof (did I miss some test results?) , no proof that you caused the problem!

Just too many variables to the event. Some O rings were changed before..... some were not..... did EVERY O ring fail? did SOME survive?
Was there ever ANY work or disasembly ever done on the section that contains the failed O rings in the past? etc... There are several ways an O ring can fail.

Its hilarious to me what goes on about Techron. Some folks? (dealer techs, top mechanics, shade tree mechanics, John Doe, etc) Said at some point something like "Techron may be the best fuel cleaner available!" OMG! First off... Its ONLY THEIR OPINION! Yet that is all it took to start a civil war on internet when Techron is mentioned. Its even got folks questioning themselves if they used it.

If anyone gets to the point they say "I NEED some gas additive to make my car run right".... its a bit late already. You may have some trouble a little expensive bottle will not correct. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back