Redline 5w-30 & 5w-40 OEM appd Group 3 & 4 oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Not sure if these links to Redline 5w-30 and 5w-40 oila now with OEM approvals below have been posted before as I have been off this site for some time.
FULL SYNTHETIC -- OEM-required Group III/Group IV PAO Base Stocks
Low volatility for reduced oil consumption
Long-life certification for improved wear protection following factory drain intervals
For high- and low-mileage engines
Compatible with conventional and synthetic oils
Withstands extreme temperatures

https://www.redlineoil.com/professional-series-5w30td-motor-oil
API SN

BMW LL-04
MB 229.51
Porsche C30
VW/Audi 507.00 / 504.00

Suitable replacement for:

ACEA C3-12

Chrysler MS 11106
dexos2®
MB 229.31

https://www.redlineoil.com/professional-series-5w40-motor-oil
APPROVED/CERTIFIED FOR:

API SN
BMW LL-01
MB 229.5
Porsche A40
VW/Audi 502.00
VV/Audi 505.00

SUITABLE REPLACEMENT FOR:

ACEA A3 / B4-12
MB 229.3
MB 226.5
PSA B71 2296
Renault RN0710
Renault RN0700

Last edited:
Yeah Red Line has jumped into the everyday driver market like Amsoil with this new product line. I wouldn't be surprised if it's manufactured by Warren or Amalie and has a Red Line sticker plastered to it. Their higher priced line in those weights is still mainly 100% synthetic with a strong ester base afaik.

Originally Posted By: sloinker
Yeah Red Line has jumped into the everyday driver market like Amsoil with this new product line. I wouldn't be surprised if it's manufactured by Warren or Amalie and has a Red Line sticker plastered to it. Their higher priced line in those weights is still mainly 100% synthetic with a strong ester base afaik.
How do we actually know?

Originally Posted By: CT8
How do we actually know?

The only way to know is by using their self published spec's and sds sheets, relying on the honesty of the manufacturer. I suppose someone who cared enough could spend the coin and have gas spectroscopy,chromatography done on all these oils.

Kind of strange to suggest that given Redline is owned by Phillips 66. In case you doubt that, Phillips 66 is right there in their URL.

Scott

Redline is one of the few that states what they blend in oils, Amsoil on the other hand "just blows their horn" !!! comparing other fake synthetics that cost 5 to 6 bucks is not the same.

Originally Posted By: buster
I'm curious what a VOA would show.
The common elements tested additive package the viscosity and what ever metals and maybe solid.

The common elements tested additive package the viscosity and what ever metals and maybe solid.

LOL well yeah I know that.

Originally Posted By: virginoil

https://www.redlineoil.com/professional-series-5w30td-motor-oil
API SN

BMW LL-04
MB 229.51
Porsche C30
VW/Audi 507.00 / 504.00

Suitable replacement for:

ACEA C3-12

Chrysler MS 11106
dexos2®
MB 229.31

It's too bad it's not really dexos2 certified, just a "suitable replacement", as it wouldn't be warranty approved on cars needing that for their warranty (such as my Corvette)

LOL well yeah I know that.
I know you do.

Originally Posted By: Patman

It's too bad it's not really dexos2 certified, just a "suitable replacement", as it wouldn't be warranty approved on cars needing that for their warranty (such as my Corvette)

I had some interest until I saw that, I would guess they don't actually perform the LSPI test from the dexos2 standard (GM included that because they wanted to be able to specify those oils for their gasoline DIT engines sold in Europe).

Last edited:
You can go check out the Redline facility in Benicia California they blend it right there I've been there. They do sell their oil to the public walk-ins. Before they were sold they used to give you a hat keychains whatever they had available for giveaways when you purchase oil

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back