quieter vacuum cleaner suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I dont like bagless. Getting the can clean is a real mess and puts you in contact with more junk.

We like miele, very quiet, and you can turn the power down if you like, to suit the job. ou can set it up with a HEPA filter to clean well and ensure pure air.

Not on the Dysons. You click a button, the bottom drops down, you dump in the trash can. Lovely, and NO mess.
I'd NEVER get a model that takes bags again - as was said - a racket!

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
And just for comparison (I like Miele) the Dyson's exhausted air is CLEANER than HEPA.

C'mon now, cleaner than HEPA? What is the rating of it then - ULPA or SULPA? How do they accomplish this? How much is the replacement filter? How often do you have to replace it (or them - how many are there?)?

We own a total of 3 Dyson's. One for each level of our main home and one at the lake home. All three perform better than any other vacuum cleaner we've owned.

I'm especially pleased with the DC17 at the lake house. It pulls beach sand out of the carpet without any problems-sometimes we drag in a lot of sand when we've been out for a while. Add to that dog hair from the dogs (sometimes coming in wet).

The Dyson's are one of the only vacuum's that we've owned on which the hose and attachments are actually usable. I can stretch the hose all the way up the stairs of our main house without the vacuum moving or falling over.

I clean all of ours twice a year; it's simple enough to get to all the filters and clean them.

Originally Posted By: benjamming
How much is the replacement filter? How often do you have to replace it (or them - how many are there?)?

The filters are washable. Just remove, rinse, dry and put them back in. No replacement needed.

Doesn't have to be a salesman. I've gone through a lot of vacs in my life, most of them I curse and toss way before I was ready.
The Dysons are well-made and well-designed.
Don't be such snobs!
There may be a better vac, but I haven't see it yet.
BTW, I forgot to mention we got some expensive Meile's and they too were s****.
Never again, and that was a shock as the Meile washer/dryer are phenomenal. They cost us about $4k too. 6 years and like new. Expect them to last another 14 or more.

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
I think Pop_Rivit is a Dyson salesman on the side. How much would one of these DC-17s set you back?

Two of them we purchased from Amazon.com for around $300 each. One we purchased at Kohls during a 6:00 AM sale for about $250.

Not a salesman, just simply relating my experience with a product.

Originally Posted By: PurplePride
Doesn't have to be a salesman. I've gone through a lot of vacs in my life, most of them I curse and toss way before I was ready.

That was my experience with other vacuums (Hoovers and Bissell's). They seemed to last around 2 years with our usage before they fail-one Hoover WindTunnel self destructed in a shower of sparks.

I think we purchased our first Dyson sometime in 2004 and haven't had an issue since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back