Questions about the third party ATFs and Mazda FZ

I would normally agree with dave1251 that Maxlife (or another 'universal fluid') can be used in place of OE fluid and have done just that in several vehicles without issue (Mostly Hyundai's and Toyota's using fluids that claimed to be "Suitable for Use in...")

In the case of Mazda FZ I will stick with OE fluid or at least Ravenol FZ fluid when the time comes for the first D&R on my daughters new CX-30 for the reasons stated by The Critic.

One positive is that I usually do an initial D&R early (15 to 25K) but plan on going 40K or maybe even 50K on the factory FZ fluid. My reasoning for that is two-fold...1) I remember reading a tread about a member (I think it was DBMaster) who changed his factory FZ at 60K (I think) and felt it could have went much further. 2) My s-i-l has 170K on her CX-5 and probably has never changed the ATF (I say 'probably' because she claims she once had a 'dealer service' and thinks they may have changed the fluid but who knows...)
I have decided to use Aisin ATF-FZ fluid for the D&R on my daughters CX-30. It's more reasonably priced than Mazda OE and I trust Aisin knows something about AT's....it's also blue.

Back