HPL Green ATF suitable for Mazda FZ!?

Hello all,

I was on the hunt for an alternative to Mazda FZ as it is incredibly expensive. However I've decided if that's the best option got to do what you got to do. I was looking at hpl's application sheet and it mentions their green ATF as suitable for fz. I was very surprised by this because no other ATF really claims that except for an alternative made by ravenel (iirc).

I have reached out to Dave but have not heard a response just wondering if anybody had thoughts on this?

Their additive supplier is claiming compatibility. Same situation applies to a certain popular multi-vehicle ATF.

Aisin also makes an actual FZ fluid (not just a "suited for" multi-vehicle type) that is only ~$10 qt at Rock Auto
Oh shoot I wish I would have seen this a week earlier, ended up going with the Ravenol! Although it was only around 16 and some change per quart with shipping

Oh shoot I wish I would have seen this a week earlier, ended up going with the Ravenol! Although it was only around 16 and some change per quart with shipping
That's probably the best version there is... Rock Auto has the Mazda branded for about the same price as the Aisin and I'd take the Ravenol for a lot more if I had to. I know how bad the SG1 gear oil is and don't trust Idemitsu, that makes both, I'll take whatever alternatives there are!

That's probably the best version there is... Rock Auto has the Mazda branded for about the same price as the Aisin and I'd take the Ravenol for a lot more if I had to. I know how bad the SG1 gear oil is and don't trust Idemitsu, that makes both, I'll take whatever alternatives there are!
Thank you, and I'm very happy so far with shift quality.

Back