question on fluid for 2010 ford escape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buddy had a quikie oil change place flop fluid in his v-6 escape with 6 speed trans, 42000 miles. Now it slips.Never did before.They told him there is air in the fluid and it might need to work itself out.
I have a open spot on the space shuttle too if anyone wants it.
Is the correct fluid motorcraft LV full synthetic?
They gave his wife the black fluid story.
I hate these shops.....

Verify the level is correct. Air may suggest that it's overfilled and yes, that ATF is correct. HTH.

Last edited:
My guess is that they used a semi with a friction modifier. For a full synthetic oil change and full trans fluid exchange they only charged $140.

Something smells rotten.
I know the owner and he is a stand up guy , buy i think that one of the flunkees messed up.

This happened to me some years ago when I made the mistake of letting a shop change the fluid in my Caravan.

I sent a fluid sample to Blackstone and they confirmed that the fluid was not ATF+3 (the current spec.). With lab results in hand, the shop agreed to do a fluid exchange with the correct fluid and the slipping went away.

Call Blackstone first to confirm they can do this. Best of luck.

More news. My friend checked his records. The fluid was changed at the dealership at 37000 miles.
Someone has a whole lotta splainin to do.

Originally Posted By: chad8
They gave his wife the black fluid story.

I would take the record of the 37000 atf change to the owner of the business and simply tell them that you will file a consumer fraud complaint with the State Attorney General if he doesn't pay for a dealer to fix the problem. I would give them 24 hours to comply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back