Quaker state ultimate durability Rocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got some at wallys today for 18.50. Mailed in my rebate. This is one smokin deal. And the best part is that my truck loves it!

It is a great oil and not a bad price at $18.50/ 5qt jugs. A $5 rebate would be good but $10 is outstanding. The best deal I've gotten was PP for $20-$15 rebate. Best of all Shell is good about getting rebates processed. I think Trico shoted changed me on a rebate recently. I was going to grab some 5W30 but Walmart was out. Maybe some other BITOGer bought them out lol?

I got the same deal a week or so ago. I have free oil changes, including full synthetic M1, through GM for another 15k miles. So it will be about a year and a half before I get to use the QS in my Equinox. Our Vibe gets a steady diet of 5w30 MaxLife.

I think the title should have been "The deal I got on Quaker State Ultimate Durability Rocks!" I clicked on the thread expecting some kind of opinion on the oil itself...

dumped Syntec 5W-30 and refilled with QS UD 5W-30 on my Camry and for now I'm going to stick with QS until I find something better. The rebate is pretty sweet too.

Sorry to leave ya hangin. I notice that while running this product that my engine temp was reduced by 10 degrees f

Good to hear they are good about processing the rebates. Castrol is absolutely terrible with their rebates. I bought a 5 at jug and one individual quart. Sent in the original receipt and the form and they sent it back to me stating that I was only eligible for the rebate if I had the fill done at an authorized Castrol service provider. That's certainly not what it said on the form. Whatever, just don't use their products now.

With so many oil companies coming up with really good GRP-III Synthetics like Sopus & Ashland I think I'm going to let my Amsoil membership expire in December and use them instead.

I just don't see the value anymore to pay extra. I mean PAO/GRP-IV is better but really worth the price when today's GRP-III syns are so fantastic and have such a great price?

I don't think so...

Anyone know where I can find the data sheet on it? I checked the Quaker State website but didn't see them there. Maybe I'm missing it, but for a company that seems proud on challenging their competition and not having anyone take them up on the offer, you'd think they'd be proud of their product and have their PDS easily located on their website (something their competition does)

Originally Posted By: sicko
Anyone know where I can find the data sheet on it? I checked the Quaker State website but didn't see them there. Maybe I'm missing it, but for a company that seems proud on challenging their competition and not having anyone take them up on the offer, you'd think they'd be proud of their product and have their PDS easily located on their website (something their competition does)

PDF

Newest one from July 2007 for QS HP/UD.

got some of this with the rebate, also got some of the PP with $5 off coupon. I'm thinking of putting the QS in on the next change just to see how good it is. If it's better than expected I'll probably go back to the QS once my PP stash is gone.

that is a great deal, i just bought some 2 weeks ago...valvoline denied me a 5$ rebate on their engine guarantee rebate cuz i only bought one jug, not multiple, but all form said was to change oil and send foil from container(s)...pennzoil sent me the 15 check on pp no problem...to me valv and castrol are overpriced and not as good as sopus or exxon-mobil...going by oil shelves QS conv seems to far outsell castrol and valv at china mart...why buy valv at 15$ when you can get QS synthetic for 18.50 or reg QS at 10.50$?

will it work witht he 5qt jug it says on thier website receipt must show number of quarts. i bet theres a catch if you buy a jug maybe they wont honor it?

and does anyone know if it has any cleaning additives or is something like pp still better at cleaning due to its add pack?

Last edited:
For the cleaning abilities, check with Johnny and see what he say sbout QS UD.
34.gif

Originally Posted By: ccapital83
will it work witht he 5qt jug it says on thier website receipt must show number of quarts. i bet theres a catch if you buy a jug maybe they wont honor it?

and does anyone know if it has any cleaning additives or is something like pp still better at cleaning due to its add pack?

i just sent in my rebate form, but my receipt indicated that it was 5Qt 5w20 when purchasing the jug.

QS is quite awesome oil. Theres a lot of doubters out there but for 18.50 for a 5qt its a steal of a product. Shocked to see that only QS and PP have to dexos 1 rating. Goes to show that price doesnt mean quality everytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back