Purolator PL24651-F07F30G1 cut & post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah never good to have an ADBV to not work like it should. I had a Yellow Purolator that I had a rather noticeable start up rattle in my car. Never had it before. Or since. Took that Purolator off and have had no had it happen since. In your case here it obviously did not hold the oil above it which is far from good either.

Last edited:
In summary, the filter did perform it's job through 3000 miles with Maxlife 5W30 in the sump. The filter did lose anti drain back function as evidenced by the startup rattle and a simple draw down test. Why the filter lost anti drain back function will remain a mystery since I do not intend to see if the gasket retaining plate was completely sealed to the base plate. I expected the filter might tear but it did not. I did not expect the anti drain back function to be lost.

I will avoid any future purchases of Purolator PL24651 in the future. There are plenty of good alternatives.

Originally Posted By: WellOiled

I will avoid any future purchases of Purolator PL24651 in the future. There are plenty of good alternatives.

LOL Close to my philosophy. I avoid all purchases of Purolator filters. There are plenty of better alternatives.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted By: car51
Ahh I understand now.

Purolator: NEVER AGAIN

car51, I currently have a P1 on my engine.
27.gif

Red it's torn, black it's not.
grin.gif

Roulette%2Bwheel%2Banimated%2B4.gif

Ahh I understand now.

27.gif

Yeah, I saw you decided to use the last one you have up correct?

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Ahh I understand now.

27.gif

Red it's torn, black it's not.
grin.gif

Roulette%2Bwheel%2Banimated%2B4.gif

Gentlemen, place your bets!!!

ZeeOSix you crack me up.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back