Purolator fixed the tearing issue!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
I think you got lucky

x2.

What was the latest recorded failure's manufacture date?

Although those pictures you posted look ok that is One filter lets see what happens in the next year or so with people posting pictures.. Im done with purolater so i won't be posting any.. I don't understand why they would want to fix the tearing issue when they never admitted there was a problem in the first place. Buy a wix they are not known for tearing or that famous wavvvvy media purolater uses. Even the Chinese filters look better than those.

Yea this should be in the humor section. You have a sample size of one filter and have declared the problem to be fixed? Lmao I hope you were kidding.

I wouldn't necessarily associate this C&P as proof the problem is fixed, however, it is encouraging to see a Puro that didn't tear, especially since the 14610 was one of the worst offenders.

Thanks for the C&P. Hopefully this is a trend in the right direction.

This filter looks great and it does look a little different, the pleat v issue is completely absent. Like the others said a sample of one is nothing but it is worthy of noting since it appears a little different.

The endcap STILL popped off (again) nobody cares about that because it's not the spawn of hades "cardboard" I guess.

Can't believe I would ever say this ha ha but I am with crazyoildude. Any company that operates in complete denial with potentially millions of faulty filters on customer's cars won't be getting my future business, "fixed" or not.

Purolator hasn't issued a statement that the problem has been fixed. As your pics show, end caps are a problem, torn ADBV's, and I have my own proof of an off kilter ADBV. I just installed a Distance Plus on my Toyota so I am not brand conscious. I had it from before and I can see it has a completely different ADBV than the common type like yours.
The other factor here is your small engine is not putting the stress on that filter which also looks fairly clean, not much restriction. So sorry, nothing at all says the problem is fixed. First the company must announce a fix, otherwise it is random sampling here and there which means nothing.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
Purolator hasn't issued a statement that the problem has been fixed.

Purolator hasn't even publicly admitted there was a problem. Thus the sticking point for many members here including me.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Is it me or does that metal crimp look different than previous Puros?

Good catch. Definitely different!

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
This filter looks great and it does look a little different, the pleat v issue is completely absent. Like the others said a sample of one is nothing but it is worthy of noting since it appears a little different.

The endcap STILL popped off (again) nobody cares about that because it's not the spawn of hades "cardboard" I guess.

Can't believe I would ever say this ha ha but I am with crazyoildude. Any company that operates in complete denial with potentially millions of faulty filters on customer's cars won't be getting my future business, "fixed" or not.

But Purolator flows so well though. You can't sacrifice flow over filtration especially going with the Fram Ultra!

Didn't fix nothing... still missing ~4-5 pleats near the seam which is the root cause... that and cheap media.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Originally Posted By: goodtimes
Purolator hasn't issued a statement that the problem has been fixed.

Purolator hasn't even publicly admitted there was a problem. Thus the sticking point for many members here including me.

From a smart business stand point they are never going to admit to a hidden problem that could open them up to lawsuits. They weigh the odds of having to really pay for engine damages provably caused by a torn filter versus definite law suits if they admit to a defect. Besides here on BITOG, is the tear issue even known? The best we can do here is not support them anymore. It's sad, in the past they were a quality product. There are plenty of alternative quality oil filters now a days.

Whimsey

I agree I understand that pretending it doesn't exist while they fix the issue in secret will absolutely allow them to get away with it for the most part.

It is however not the "right thing to do" and I have no respect for such a lack of integrity and care for one's customers.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
A sampling of 1 is meaningless. No way can you proclaim the problem solved.

^^^ My thoughts exactly. I hope this thread was meant as a joke.

Originally Posted By: webfors
Didn't fix nothing... still missing ~4-5 pleats near the seam which is the root cause... that and cheap media.

Notice though how the V-spread is small on the outside V while it's larger on the inside V. Doing it that way will ensure the pleat doesn't fold over and tear. Don't know if that's now by design, or by accident/coincidence.

Don't see any fix. I see the same wide pleats especially where one side of the crimp has wider spread than the other. This looks just like the ones that tear.

Even has the same end cap falling off, comedy.

You just got lucky as far as I'm concerned. I got lucky too, the first one didn't tear despite the wide spread the second one did.

I don't think they are getting away with it im sure they are losing a lot of sales because of their quality issues,. Its all over the web and even parts guys are talking about it.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
I don't think they are getting away with it im sure they are losing a lot of sales because of their quality issues,. Its all over the web and even parts guys are talking about it.

That's good to know. I returned a Puro to AAP a while back, told the counter jockey why and he looked at me like I was from Mars lol.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Originally Posted By: AZjeff
A sampling of 1 is meaningless. No way can you proclaim the problem solved.
^^^ My thoughts exactly. I hope this thread was meant as a joke.
If not, it certainly should be in the humor section...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back