purolator classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that is for real then that is the worst I have ever seen
If this was on an engine it would not hold together verylong
Things are getting worse for Mann

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
Has the date code of the filter been noted for documentation ?

Date code F11E09B1 = Nov 9, 2013.

i still have 3 purolator filters [brand new] that i will cut open .

the filter media was not torn ..it was not glued properly at the seam ..on some PUROLATOR filters they have a metal crimp to mate the seams instead of glue ..did they [purolator] forget the crimp???? to save manufacturing cost ????

ok i cut open a second oil filter and the end seams are well glued together ..nothing wrong with this filter ..

i am realy surprized that PUROLATOR has not contacted me for more infos ..i know that they are on this forum also ...

Last edited:
Since I have a spare Purolator lying around, I'll cut it open when I get a chance, un-used, and see how it looks. The L10111 I cut open (used) recently had an iffy glued seam as well.

^^^^ WOW That is just unreal , Man I wonder if they will ever get there act together .

Two good, two not good. 50/50 that's like playing Russian Roulette with 3 bullets in the gun. Wake up Purolator!!

I think these were fooled with
This problem has never shown up in any of the cut open filters seen on here

Originally Posted By: Dallas69

i am 70 years old and don't have time to FOOL around with oil filters .i took the time to cut them open and post the pics so other people would see the facts ..

Originally Posted By: browning300wsm

i am 70 years old and don't have time to FOOL around with oil filters .i took the time to cut them open and post the pics so other people would see the facts ..

Thanks for posting! I have no doubt in my mind that those filters are bad, and they weren't tampered with.

So you have 4filters and 2 have the same problem.
A problem never seen in any of the hundreds of Purolators seen cut open on this site.
What are the odds on this?
You must be the most unlucky guy on here

So you have 4filters and 2 have the same problem.
A problem never seen in any of the hundreds of Purolators seen cut open on this site.
What are the odds on this?
You must be the most unlucky guy on here

i have NEVER cut open an oil filter in my life ..untill this week ..only reason i opened the filters is because i read on this forum that PUROLATOR oil filters had media separation ..my filter media was not torn it was unglued where the ends meet ..

going back to FRAM TG 3600

I have been sticking to my Campion Labs AC Delco classics and STP E-cores. Even the Chinese built quick lube filters have been good. The Fram Ultra I am using now was free. I am way too cheap to spend more than $4 on a filter.
Never been a Purolator fan. They have usually been my last resort filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back