Purolator Synthetic Oil Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All! With all the media tears associated with the purolator classic and pureone i was wondering if there are any issues with the purolator synthetic oil filter? I can't see any media tears happening with the metal screen backed media but are there any other issues to be concerned about? I was wondering because my local kmart has purolator synthetic oil filters on clearance and i was thinking on buying a few. Thanks!

There have been no reports of Puro Synthetics tearing that I'm aware of. ZeeOSix is the authority on the Puro problems of late...if you click your heels three times he may make an appearance to confirm/deny.

I recently ran a PSL14459 for 7600 miles in my Miata. Link w/ [censored] pics: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...les#Post3308814

The P1 version of the 4459 has been prone to tears, but there were none on my PSL.

I haven't seen any Purolator synthetics with media tears, however the glued seam doesn't inspire confidence. And the overall construction doesn't look as good as the Fram Ultra. Having said that, you should be fine running it out to 10K plus miles.

^^^ As Wampahoofus and gregk24 said, no reports seen here on BITOG of any Purolator Synthetic filters having any problems, just the Classics and PureOnes with the media tearing. And gregk24 is right, the Fram Ultra is a little better filter. But if you can pick up PSLs for cheap, it would be worth running them IMO.

Hey guys! Thanks for all the info i bought i filter today but i will keep an eye on them to see if they drop the price even lower and then i will get more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back