Purchased FRAM Titanium FS7317 and FS9688

Plan to install them this month or next with P.P. 5w-20 for '18 Accent and P.P. 0w-20 for the FIT . PENNZOIL Platinum w/$20 rebate . No metal screen visible through the holes of the center tube for the FS9688 . The FS7317 has louvers making for no detection of the metal screen . So, one or both of these have become the new ULTRA XG ( w/o metal sreen ) for A.A.P.:(. The threads look more clear of shavings or other debri than last TITANIUM FS9688 purchased in October and in use for the '18 Accent .

Pictures of older TITANIUM threads with debri / shavings are here .

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/t...rom-forming-thread.359067/page-2#post-6251023

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/t...rom-forming-thread.359067/page-4#post-6274053

IMG_0652.JPG
IMG_0653.JPG
IMG_0660.JPG
IMG_0648.JPG

IMG_0685.JPG
IMG_0677.JPG
IMG_0680.JPG
IMG_0672.JPG
IMG_0675.JPG
IMG_0676.JPG

Last edited:
Continued . FS9688 . Good portion of coating for the base is not sprayed / painted . The FS7317 is in better condition .

IMG_0708.JPG
IMG_0703.JPG
IMG_0704.JPG
IMG_0706.JPG

Using a tooth brush is a good idea. I was thinking a metal wire brush but that may do more harm? Other's have been mentioning the changes were coming to this titanium line soon (no metal wire).

Other's have been mentioning the changes were coming to this titanium line soon (no metal wire).

It's been mentioned on the forum but Fram has been answering emails saying it's metal backed. Website and packaging still show it's metal backed.

On April 23rd, they received photos that '53 Stude took after cutting open one of their titanium filters. Other than being told the photos were sent to a manager, I haven't heard back as of yet.

It's been mentioned on the forum but Fram has been answering emails saying it's metal backed. Website and packaging still show it's metal backed.

On April 23rd, they received photos that '53 Stude took after cutting open one of their titanium filters. Other than being told the photos were sent to a manager, I haven't heard back as of yet.
Of course. This is a case of the people that should know, don't know. I hope they'll respond to your messages soon.

1683556172400.jpg

The "2" in 23 would mean 202"2". Go read the filter date code sticky thread at the top of this oil filter forum.

Using a tooth brush is a good idea. I was thinking a metal wire brush but that may do more harm? Other's have been mentioning the changes were coming to this titanium line soon (no metal wire).
I hold the filter with face plate facing down when using tooth brush . That way less chance to have anything go into filter .

I hold the filter with face plate facing down when using tooth brush . That way less chance to have anything go into filter .
Vacuum on the center tube also after cleaning would be a good idea.

Took a closer look inside the FS7317 and couldn't see any metal mesh behind the center tube when looking through the louvers . ☹️

Took a closer look inside the FS7317 and couldn't see any metal mesh behind the center tube when looking through the louvers . ☹️
I'd bet any Fram Titanium with the louvers will also not have the wire-backed media.

Back