Fram Ultra Oil Filter Failure Before 5,000 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Coprolite
No one ever said the leaf spring broke into two. I would be very surprised if it physically broke. It is much more likely that it relaxed too much.

FRAM won't redesign the leaf spring based upon a single incident. If they have a statistically significant amount of failures, they would consider it. Filters aren't designed to be dropped and dented. If they did account for things like this, the price would be significantly higher. Probably high enough that BOF would be running the Ultra for 15k miles no matter how many OCI.

^^^^^^^^^^^
lol.gif
crackmeup2.gif
^^^^^^^^^^^
You and Z06 are partners in crime.

Originally Posted By: zerosoma
Should have known better than to use a FRAM.

People make dumb decisions every day, I don't feel sorry for you.

You own a PRIUS. Your statements are invalid...
23.gif

Last edited:
"I bet it was just bad luck-winter starts with thick oil causes the leaf spring to flex a little before the bypass opens, and there was probably a hairline crack that spread & caused the spring to break in two. Could happen to anybody, and if the filter was damaged in shipping it would've made it worse."

Thick oil should not have been a problem as I used 0w-20 but I do get your point.

"You own a PRIUS. Your statements are invalid... "

Agreed well put
LOL.gif

I contacted jay a day after he agreed to send me the filters. I asked if we would still be receiving the pictures. He kindly replied as follows. I don't know if he was there or not but it seems he will fight to get us pictures hopefully
smile.gif

"Nick,

the dent is under the sure grip, I will get the photos but from what I hear, it's hard to see. Someone likely dropped it in the store. "

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mullick2001
BlueOvalFitter said:
Mullick2001 said:
BlueOvalFitter said:
Hopefully they will only be used for (1) OCI, so we can see them sooner.
28.gif

Are you donating the stickers to KevGuy? I know I wouldn't want to display them on anything I own.
27.gif

(Unless it were a FU decal)

Just for this comment I am going to hunt for your address and send it to you. With postage due on delivery!

BOF "FU" Filter Ranch
1 Filter 1 OCI Rd
Crawfish, La.
FL-400S

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
BlueOvalFitter said:
Mullick2001 said:
BlueOvalFitter said:
28.gif

Are you donating the stickers to KevGuy? I know I wouldn't want to display them on anything I own.
27.gif

Just for this comment I am going to hunt for your address and send it to you. With postage due on delivery!

BOF "FU" Filter Ranch
1 Filter 1 OCI Rd
Crawfish, La.
FL-400S

Worst part is i went to grab a pen and paper before I read it.
hooked.gif
Nice one!

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
BlueOvalFitter said:
Mullick2001 said:
BlueOvalFitter said:
28.gif

27.gif

BOF "FU" Filter Ranch
1 Filter 1 OCI Rd
Crawfish, La.
FL-400S
crackmeup2.gif
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back