Price difference really that big of a deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Bamaro
Originally Posted By: gfh77665
People don't understand math. Paying an extra $8 or $10 per 6 month or 5000 mile OCI is basically UNDETECTABLE in the "cost of ownership" of a car. Gas prices, insurance, depreciation, etc. are the REAL costs. Thats why I pay the extra $10 and buy synthetics.

I understand math and its still $8 or $10 out of pocket at time of sale. Sure, there other larger costs but 8 or 10 bucks is still 8 or10 bucks.

Richt & when you are also buying other groceries or whatever at Wal-mart it adds up quick

Some people enjoy the hunt more than the kill, although the hunters around here seem to brag on the trophies (stash).

I use whatever I want but am a steward with my money. I currently run a premium oil in my vehicles but one doesn't need it so next change it won't get it.

I don't buy my oil and filters and stash it. I believe that spending money and leaving it in the garage can itself be a waste of money.
I usually buy oil for each car as it is needed. My BMW gets Mobil1, cuz they have me scared to try anything else.

The other cars all use 5w-30. I use walmart syn or Napa syn or Kendal syn. Mainly because It's cheaper and it is good oil. 5 to 7 thousand OCI. At least that,s what makes me feel comfortable.

A lot of the fun of oil and filters is picking them out. Having the freedom to buy what you want. If one likes to save money then that should make them feel good about their choice. Some want to go for the best (in their opinion), spend more, and that makes them feel good. It's the choosing that is fun. So many choices.

It's more of a overall frugal mentality. It's not just oil for me, I tend to brown bag my lunch which saves me $30 per week, and when you start to add up all the things that you can save a few bucks on, in the course of a year, it's alot of money, which you can then spend on something substantial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back