Preparing a leaky car for a rainy day

The last three heavy downpours, my car has developed a wet carpet on the passenger side. I plan on having a body shop diagnose the leak after Labor Day. The body guy thought it might be a clogged drain from the sunroof. The forecast is for heavy rains the next couple of days. I don't have a garage, so that is not an option. I am reluctant to put tape around the sunroof for fear of damaging the paint. Any suggestions? I have a car cover, a breathable one, and I will put some kind of plastic tarp on top--but how to hold the plastic in place? any suggestions would be appreciated

Chasing a leak can be really tough, even for a body shop. Have you watched a few youtube videos that are specific to your car about leaks? Usually it is 1 piece that has failed.

Get a plastic sheet large enough to land on the glass and tape it down to the glass.
Then apply the car cover.

FYI: I had a 4 door years ago which had it's B pillar repaired. The shop omitted the gasket behind the front door strike plate so I got a leak.

Chasing a leak can be really tough, even for a body shop. Have you watched a few youtube videos that are specific to your car about leaks? Usually it is 1 piece that has failed.
I have not had time. I damaged the rocker panel hitting a rock, and suspect that the drain may have gotten pinched or broken. I am going to leave it to the body shop guy. In light rain, it doesn't leak, so if I make it through Irma downpour scheduled to hit here tomorrow, I should be okay.

Back