Premium Guard Pureflow cabin filters. How are they?

Premium Guard has these cabin air filters called Pureflow that are basically a knockoff of the Mahle Care Metix and similar filters like the Mann Frecious-Plus/Pureolator Boss/Wix XP.

The PG version is blue.

People on Amazon have reported problems with the PC6115X that fits most late-model Subarus. The biggest problem is the glue melts to the filter and takes out the fan :eek:

Does that happen to most filters on a Subaru, or is the PG just poorly made or poorly designed? Are there problems with PG cabin filters on other cars?

I cant speak to Premium Guard as I don't use them. I usually grab the Fram Arm&Hammer baking soda ones form WallyWorld. Cheap, they fit, and haven't had an issue in Subaru, F150, and just put one on in the hoopdie (Sentra).

I changed out the cabin filter in the Sentra and it was Nissan branded and totally looked like it had the full 14 years of service under it's belt! I don't see these filters as really taxed in application over a few years.

I chuckle when I see their ad on TV. They make it look so simple. I have to remove a trim piece from the center console; then, the retainer clip; then I have to dig the filter out getting dust and debris all over. Installing the new one requires bending it, because you have to work it around the accelerator. It's frustrating!

What's a "hoopdie"? I hope it's not obvious because I'd feel like a jerk.

a car in this condition or worse that is daily driven

beat_up_car_1453326446_800x600.jpg

So many recording studios...so few good songs.
Thanks for posting.
1) If they rereleased "Little Deuce Coupe" today, it'd outsell that song.
2) "Hot Rod Lincoln" exhibited musicianship.
3) I think better songs have been written about OPE!

Premium Guard has these cabin air filters called Pureflow that are basically a knockoff of the Mahle Care Metix and similar filters like the Mann Frecious-Plus/Pureolator Boss/Wix XP.

The PG version is blue.

People on Amazon have reported problems with the PC6115X that fits most late-model Subarus. The biggest problem is the glue melts to the filter and takes out the fan :eek:

Does that happen to most filters on a Subaru, or is the PG just poorly made or poorly designed? Are there problems with PG cabin filters on other cars?
Speaking of which, I need to check on a friend’s Forester - there’s a a Chinese filter that looks like the Premium Guard in there now.

I cant speak to Premium Guard as I don't use them. I usually grab the Fram Arm&Hammer baking soda ones form WallyWorld. Cheap, they fit, and haven't had an issue in Subaru, F150, and just put one on in the hoopdie (Sentra).

I changed out the cabin filter in the Sentra and it was Nissan branded and totally looked like it had the full 14 years of service under it's belt! I don't see these filters as really taxed in application over a few years.

I have been using Fram for years, I have to tell you, PUREFLOW made a big difference. There is a water treatment plans that I drive by often and it stinks. Once I installed PUREFLOW I do not smell a thing. The air is crisp and clean. I also feel that the air flow has improved,.

They added cabin filter air freshener, that spas right onto the filter, this is a great product. It defuses subtle scent throughout the car. I got ride of all the vent clips. this product works perfect

Back