PREDATOR PREY

Just watched it tonight. Ignoring the WOKE agenda, I thought it was pretty good. I would rank it as the third best Predator movie behind 1 and 2. Even if they make 100 Predator movies, they’ll never top the first one.
The movie would have been fine without the white hate. Worse than The Predator? OK!!

As a big fan of the first two movies I tried watching it. Turned it off after 20-30 mins. Just couldn't get into it.

The movie would have been fine without the white hate. Worse than The Predator? OK!!
I must have missed that part. Saw the French just trying to use brute strength, just trying to rely on guns. They were being hunted and didn't use any skills in fighting back. The Indians however did use terrain, observation of the enemy, evasion and other skills to battle the predator.

I must have missed that part. Saw the French just trying to use brute strength, just trying to rely on guns. They were being hunted and didn't use any skills in fighting back. The Indians however did use terrain, observation of the enemy, evasion and other skills to battle the predator.
That was just part of it. Despite romanticism natives were not any smarter or dumber than people from other continents.

I realize we are talking fantasy, but the predator was impervious to bullets but not arrows and edged weapons. The Europeans (and the male natives) couldn't learn on the fly but she could?

The cigar and the buffalo were there because? Natives were skilled riders, but whites weren't?

That was just part of it. Despite romanticism natives were not any smarter or dumber than people from other continents.

I realize we are talking fantasy, but the predator was impervious to bullets but not arrows and edged weapons. The Europeans (and the male natives) couldn't learn on the fly but she could?

The cigar and the buffalo were there because? Natives were skilled riders, but whites weren't?
Well aliens are always impervious to bullets. It's just that the whites didn't know that. Back then, I guess there weren't enough movies for people to realize aliens are impervious to bullets. The Europeans didn't live long enough to learn on the fly. To be fair, the predator killed some native Indians earlier too. Basically whoever survived enough encounters with it might figure it out and end up living. Remember in the first movie the predator kills a lot of people too, it's just that Arnold lives long enough to figure out how to kill it. Same thing here.

I don't know what you mean regarding the cigar and buffalo. The European seemed like they were fur traders so they killed the buffalo for their hides. Maybe fur traders aren't as skilled hunting aliens as the the natives. That's just the nature of the movie. Remember Titanic? People were saying that the wood floating by was big enough to hold both of them, but Cameron said for the movie to work, Jack had to die so they probably should have just made that piece of wood smaller.

I realize we are talking fantasy, but the predator was impervious to bullets but not arrows and edged weapons.
Oh yeah aliens are also impervious to space age laser blasts too but the edge weapon always works.

On a scale of 1-10 I give it an 11.
Flame suit on!
Oh Good Lord. The only reason I heard of the movie is from this thread a few days back. I watched it with my teenage kids and we all just kind of rolled our eyes. The only thing I got out the movie is to go down the Wikipedia rabbit hole after it was over reading up on Native American dog breeds. I guess I never really considered them having dogs for whatever reason. And I made my kids put their phones away so that's the longest they've concentrated on one thing in quite some time so thanks for that at least.

Loved the original Predator. Classic Arnold. Prey was good but Predator was better.

I just finished watching the new movie PREDATOR PREY.
For those that don't know about it, it's the newest Predator movie (#5) in the Predator series. It wasn't brought to the theatres, just to HULU.
It was/is by far the BEST Predator movie EVER, out of all of the Predator movies made so far! I mean, I am totally speechless!
All I can say is, WOW!

Wife and I watched it last night.
We really liked it, an awesome, original refreshing change from the drab pick of new movies being released.
My wife remembered I mentioned your recommendation when we were searching for a movie last night when Prey showed up on Hulu. I think this movie is a grand slam hit for Hulu.
Awesome!

Last edited:
Back