Godzilla vs. Kong

Kong - Congo? The original Kong was just a giant ape who was captured and abducted by Americans from the fictional Skull Island in the Indian Ocean. I don't believe they forced citizenship on him. In King Kong vs Godzilla, 1962, Kong was for the first time a kaiju like Godzilla. In the Monster Verse, Godzilla, Kong, Mothra, Rodan, etc, are all considered Titans, not to be confused with the classic Greek Titans who were the children of Gaea and Uranus.

Ohhhh...Kaiju...does that mean we get to bring in the Pacific Rim beasts?

Well we were talking in real life. In real life nukes will stop anything, in the movies, they're just an annoyance.

Have you seen Monster Hunter? That also came out recently and in the movies, bullets and even a minigun do nothing, but swords work on the monsters.

I have not seen Monster Hunter yet...but it is on the list ;-)

If Godzilla is the King of Monsters, and can defeat Ghidorah, how does Kong stand a chance?
Kong is much bigger now thanks to tren and AGH abuse. He's smarter than Godzilla and he has thumbs. After beating the feces out of each other they'll make up and be beasty besties. The last monster movie that I liked was The Mummy, 1999.

Kong is much bigger now thanks to tren and AGH abuse. He's smarter than Godzilla and he has thumbs. After beating the feces out of each other they'll make up and be beasty besties. The last monster movie that I liked was The Mummy, 1999.
You didn't like Tom Cruise in the last Mummy film? That one pretty much bombed at the box office. Looked ok, but didn't make much sense which I guess that's why everyone hated it.

You didn't like Tom Cruise in the last Mummy film? That one pretty much bombed at the box office. Looked ok, but didn't make much sense which I guess that's why everyone hated it.
I didn't see anything in the preview of that Cruise vehicle that made me want to watch it. I am however always looking forward to then next MI movie.

Last edited:
I'm with you, the first two with Brendan Fraser were pretty good...but no desire at all to watch the Cruise version.
You guys have high standards. It was ok, not worth going to the theater for, but watching it at home was fine. They were trying to do too much so lots of action and not much of a story line.

This has plagued otherwise potentially good movies for decades. (n)
It's not that I don't like action but it has to be there for a reason other than that there needs to be action. The action should be story and character-driven, not the other way around. Senseless action and a lack of character motivation and story just puts me to sleep. For the most part I'd rather watch Die Hard for the 50th time than most recent action and F/X bore.

It's not that I don't like action but it has to be there for a reason other than that there needs to be action. The action should be story and character-driven, not the other way around. Senseless action and a lack of character motivation and story just puts me to sleep. For the most part I'd rather watch Die Hard for the 50th time than most recent action and F/X bore.
This is why I refuse to watch Batman vs Superman or the Avenger series.

Kong doesn't have a badass song about him, so I'm all for Godzilla !!

They tried very hard to make superman v batman as bad as it was.

I watched the gozilla movie with bryan cranston on a flight home from Japan. Severe turbulence was timed perfectly with the movie and it took my brain a few minutes to realize all my being tossed around wasn't part of the movie. The special effects were great, man. Lol.

Also watched The Meg on a plane. All great movies for planes.

Last edited:
But don't you want to know what insight Ironman had regarding the EPR paradox that allowed him to figure out time travel? After all, it's been around since 1934.

Batman Vs Superman was kinda bad though, shouldn't have lasted as long as it did. The Zack Snyder Justice League wasn't bad though, 4 hours long. And once superman showed up, the bad guy was finished up quickly even though everyone else was having a hard time with him earlier. Batman should have been finished even quicker.

But don't you want to know what insight Ironman had regarding the EPR paradox that allowed him to figure out time travel? After all, it's been around since 1934.

Batman Vs Superman was kinda bad though, shouldn't have lasted as long as it did. The Zack Snyder Justice League wasn't bad though, 4 hours long. And once superman showed up, the bad guy was finished up quickly even though everyone else was having a hard time with him earlier. Batman should have been finished even quicker.
Nah, Just because it has been around since 1934 doesn't mean it is good. I'll pass.

Back