Godzilla vs. Kong

Anyone planning on watching this? Should be out on HBO Max and theatres soon.

Anyway, just watching the trailer and as usual it looks like a plane gets destroyed by Godzilla's tail.

I mean I like checking my brain at the door when watching these movies, but I wonder if there's any training that tells pilots that if you're fighting a monster, don't get too close to it and that you're in a plane so you can stay pretty far away when firing missiles at it?

I mean even in the original King Kong when he was on the Empire State building, those biplanes only had machine guns, but I don't think they had to get too close to him to use them.

Anyway maybe it's pointless for them to be more realistic as it's not realistic....

I used to love watching movies like this with the kids, the cheesier the better! My wife would find other things to do, like shop or visit her Mom, and the kids and I were off to the theatre. She might as well have gone with us, since afterwards the entire movie was recounted for her in great detail by the kids (and me)!
I need to pester my now adult and married kids to have some grandkids...

Planning on seeing it on Saturday with my family. I really don't like King Kong, nor was I a huge Godzilla fan, but it's been a long time since we've been able to go to a theater and watch a movie, so I'm all in.

I know they will wimp out and make it a tie or have them wind up fighting something else alongside each other, but I'd like to see Godzilla whip Kong's arse. I was a HUGE Gozilla fan as a kid. If I were advising my reptilian hero, I'd tell him to just stand back and light Kong's hair on fire with his breath. Game over.

I hope to see it in a theater. I've got my shot and I really miss going to a movie. The plus side of Covid is that they won't have anyone sitting near me. I'm fine with that.

I know they will wimp out and make it a tie or have them wind up fighting something else alongside each other, but I'd like to see Godzilla whip Kong's arse. I was a HUGE Gozilla fan as a kid. If I were advising my reptilian hero, I'd tell him to just stand back and light Kong's hair on fire with his breath. Game over.

I hope to see it in a theater. I've got my shot and I really miss going to a movie. The plus side of Covid is that they won't have anyone sitting near me. I'm fine with that.

This 100% - as a kid, I used to have Godzilla movie parties with my friends. After "Godzilla, King of the Monsters", how could Kong possibly win? Where was he in that fight?

Godzilla FTW - but from the trailers I have seen, it looks like Kong will win :-(

Oh yeah in the trailer Kong stops Godzilla breath with his hand.

As for the theater, I don't miss people talking and kicking your seat either.

In real life Godzilla would take him down, no question.
In real life, bullets and missiles would work. Maybe a tactical nuke or MOAB would work too.

Oh yeah in the trailer Kong stops Godzilla breath with his hand.

As for the theater, I don't miss people talking and kicking your seat either.

In real life, bullets and missiles would work. Maybe a tactical nuke or MOAB would work too.

You obviously don't follow Godzilla movies...nukes make him stronger

You obviously don't follow Godzilla movies...nukes make him stronger
Well we were talking in real life. In real life nukes will stop anything, in the movies, they're just an annoyance.

Have you seen Monster Hunter? That also came out recently and in the movies, bullets and even a minigun do nothing, but swords work on the monsters.

Kong is American and Godzilla Japanese no? In that case Kong will win since it's a Hollywood movie
Kong - Congo? The original Kong was just a giant ape who was captured and abducted by Americans from the fictional Skull Island in the Indian Ocean. I don't believe they forced citizenship on him. In King Kong vs Godzilla, 1962, Kong was for the first time a kaiju like Godzilla. In the Monster Verse, Godzilla, Kong, Mothra, Rodan, etc, are all considered Titans, not to be confused with the classic Greek Titans who were the children of Gaea and Uranus.

Kong - Congo? The original Kong was just a giant ape who was captured and abducted by Americans from the fictional Skull Island in the Indian Ocean. I don't believe they forced citizenship on him. In King Kong vs Godzilla, 1962, Kong was for the first time a kaiju like Godzilla. In the Monster Verse, Godzilla, Kong, Mothra, Rodan, etc, are all considered Titans, not to be confused with the classic Greek Titans who were the children of Gaea and Uranus.

I can't believe you know all that :ROFLMAO:. Awesome.

Back