PREDATOR PREY

I don't assume. It's the same inscription on the pistols in both mivies because it's the same pistol Raphael Andolini 1715.
I was wondering why they showed that detail. I only watched the very first movie and that was years ago. Excellent study. I admire your scrutiny!

No one actually answered my question though.

I am annoyed that while bullets don't work, things like spears do work. But I would think energy from a bullet would be greater than a blow from a spear.
I think Predators may wear invisible plot armor to make things more interesting. ;) Or maybe they have ballistic skin.

Sometimes when they came back to get their dead Predator, they gave trophies to the human that killed it.
Yes, in Alien vs Predator at the end when they come back to get a dead predator they give that lady a sword. But in this case it was because the predator and her end up fighting the queen alien together. Before the predator dies he marks her face with the predator symbol.

Last edited:
I think Predators may wear invisible plot armor to make things more interesting. ;) Or maybe they have ballistic skin.
The problem is that it happens in pretty much every movie, I think it's a meme, sorta like for once I wish aliens weren't immune to bullets. Same thing in the Tomorrow War, soldiers armed with light automatic weapons that they already know doesn't work too well, but sharp objects at close range is fine.

The production was great, but wasnt impressed with it plot wise. Its the same exact story as the 1987 original. Lets see, alien hunter becomes the hunted and then killed.....the end. I cant see how everyone is missing that one. Prey brought nothing new to the table at all. All they did was change the time period. They could al least have had the natives speak in their native language and make it period correct. They didnt even do that, it was silly watching indians speak perfect english LOL. The original is still better, its a perfect movie, no fat no BS....and the original has a LOT more tension. Prey is just a remake to me 😂
Now that you know it was done in Comanche voice as well, did you watch it? How about that review?

I for one am glad I didn't have to learn Comanche to understand the dialogue. I take that back, I wish the movie didn't have any dialogue. It was cringey and I don't think it would translate well into Comanche. And subtitles suck when you're looking for the three corn nuts you just lost between the seat cushions or if you're fighting your cats over kippers for two hours. Talk about a bloodbath. Sure it's dumb that everyone speaks English. It's even dumber when non-native English speakers speak broken English in the movies. Sean Connery knew what he was doing when he merrily played a Russian submarine commander and just let his inner Scotsman out and didn't bother with broken English/movie Russian. John McTiernan directed both, Predator (1987) and Hunt for Red October (1990), by the bye. Unfortunately, he had to go away for a while because he was bad boy and his directing career is ruined. He was a great action movie director. He also directed Die Hard, Medicine Man, The Last Action Hero, and The 13th Warrior.

Last edited:
They did make a copy of them speaking in their native tongue. Go to DISNEY+ to watch it.
Please, give us a review after you watch it in their native tongue.
If its dubbed over the english diaglog, IMO it would make it worse. You lose the performance of the actor/actress with overdubs. If english is the launguage it was filmed in.....thats the best its gonna get performance wise.

If its dubbed over the english diaglog, IMO it would make it worse. You lose the performance of the actor/actress with overdubs. If english is the launguage it was filmed in.....thats the best its gonna get performance wise.
The plan was to shoot and release the movie in Comanche. They ended up shooting it in English and dubbing it.

I was wondering why they showed that detail. I only watched the very first movie and that was years ago. Excellent study. I admire your scrutiny!

No one actually answered my question though.
At the end of Predator 2 the Predators came to get the dead Predator. The Elder Predator threw Danny Glover the pistol and said, "TAKE IT!"

Watched it last night on Hulu and thoroughly enjoyed it.
My enjoyment was enhanced by having heard this story on NPR while driving home from the HPL meeting.

Just watched it tonight. Ignoring the WOKE agenda, I thought it was pretty good. I would rank it as the third best Predator movie behind 1 and 2. Even if they make 100 Predator movies, they’ll never top the first one.

Back