PREDATOR PREY

After so many positive comments, and although the trailer looked like garbage to me, I did watch Prey while I had to sit in my car for a couple,of hours yesterday. Prey is better than I thought but it's still not a good movie in my opinion. It's okay as a brutal survival movie if you don't think about anything that's going on, and it's not as woke as I had feared. That's the best I can say about it. The protagonist lacks character along with all the minor characters which makes them boring. I just could not care about any of the characters. The Predator was really stupid - not a great warrior. Plot conveniences everywhere. Things happen because it says so in the script and not because the plot is character-driven. There's also zero character development. Little native girl, the wannabe hunter, knows in her heart but based on nothing she is a great warrior from the beginning and she proves herself right in the end. How silly and boring. Compare that to the original Predator in which Dutch and his gang of mercenaries were competent fighters who were rightfully aware of their skills and how they got wiped out one by one and how Dutch was reduced to fighting the Yautja barehanded and received the beating of his life. In contrast, the little native girl seems to never be in real danger and she miraculously escapes grave injuries during all the fights. I still say the only really good predator movie is the original Predator and Predator 2 was okay because it changed the jungle setting to an urban setting which made it interesting instead of being a rehash of the original.
So it was a cartoon for adults.

So tired of these little Michelle Rodriguez clones being pasted into action movies. We're not all 14.

Saw it over the weekend. Good but not better than the original IMO. But yes,
good predator movie. The French white savages was overdone but hey....the native Americans had to deal with that depiction of them since the dawn of movie making.

Last edited:
The production was great, but wasnt impressed with it plot wise. Its the same exact story as the 1987 original. Lets see, alien hunter becomes the hunted and then killed.....the end. I cant see how everyone is missing that one. Prey brought nothing new to the table at all. All they did was change the time period. They could al least have had the natives speak in their native language and make it period correct. They didnt even do that, it was silly watching indians speak perfect english LOL. The original is still better, its a perfect movie, no fat no BS....and the original has a LOT more tension. Prey is just a remake to me 😂

Last edited:
So tired of these little Michelle Rodriguez clones being pasted into action movies. We're not all 14.
At least the actor was actually Indian. Reminds of that Paul Mooney bit on Chappelle show.

Saw it over the weekend. Good but not better than the original IMO. But yes, good predator movie.
The original had a lot more good lines. I don't remember a single line from this movie.

This is an Easter Egg. If you watched the 2nd Predator movie with Danny Glover, at the end of the movie he receives something.
You will see it in the Prey movie and put 1 +1 to equal 2 and say, "Ah ha!"
noticed that too, did you se the cartoon at the end of the credits, the last cartoon pic?

At least the actor was actually Indian. Reminds of that Paul Mooney bit on Chappelle show.

The original had a lot more good lines. I don't remember a single line from this movie.

yes, Jesse Ventura line in the helicopter, just awesome 👍😎

The production was great, but wasnt impressed with it plot wise. Its the same exact story as the 1987 original. Lets see, alien hunter becomes the hunted and then killed.....the end. I cant see how everyone is missing that one. Prey brought nothing new to the table at all. All they did was change the time period. They could al least have had the natives speak in their native language and make it period correct. They didnt even do that, it was silly watching indians speak perfect english LOL. The original is still better, its a perfect movie, no fat no BS....and the original has a LOT more tension. Prey is just a remake to me 😂
They did make a copy of them speaking in their native tongue. Go to DISNEY+ to watch it.
Please, give us a review after you watch it in their native tongue.

In Predator 2 a Predator gives Danny Glover's character an old flintlock pistol as a sign of respect. That flintlock pistol implies that the Predators have been coming to Earth since ar least the early 1700s.

We see little native girl acquire this exact same gun in Prey. We know that some 260 years later a Predator is in possession of this pistol. While we don't know where or when the gun fell into the hands of the Predators, it may well have happened shortly after little native girl killed the Yautja. Probably looking for revenge, a Yautja hunting party may have descended on the village of little native girl and killed everyone shortly after the events shown in Prey. They looted the place for trophies and took and kept the gun.

In Predator 2 a Predator gives Danny Glover's character an old flintlock pistol as a sign of respect. That flintlock pistol implies that the Predators have been coming to Earth since ar least the early 1700s.

We see little native girl acquire this exact same gun in Prey. We know that some 260 years later a Predator is in possession of this pistol. While we don't know where or when the gun fell into the hands of the Predators, it may well have happened shortly after little native girl killed the Yautja. Probably looking for revenge, a Yautja hunting party may have descended on the village of little native girl and killed everyone shortly after the events shown in Prey. They looted the place for trophies and took and kept the gun.
Sometimes when they came back to get their dead Predator, they gave trophies to the human that killed it.

Well the Predator killed a bunch of the French and they also had pistols so don't assume it's the same pistol.

Back